Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: {Damask on Demand} Damask Wallpapers  (Read 10510 times)
shadowfell
Ye Olde Texture Hoarder
Gutter Punk

Go big or go extinct

« on: May 22, 2012, 09:33:22 PM »

Greetings!  I'm back with more pretty walls.  

I decided that I didn't have enough damask patterned wallpapers in my game.  Oh, I have a lot, but I never have quite what I'm looking for.  Yesterday, I was trolling the internet for pretty textures and ran across a wallpaper site that had dozens of styles of damask, already made seamless.  I downloaded a bunch of them and started working.  So now I introduce...

For the coffin kickers.

For my first pattern, I chose a pretty standard-looking damask pattern called Adalia and then went crazy with my Hexalicious! actions.  I made some wacky colors.

Then I made some more traditional, pastel-like ones.

Here's a couple of in-game shots.

I've separated the downloads into two sets, the Brights and Muted colors.  I've also included a Collections file so they won't get lost.  All textures have been Compressorized and properly labeled so you can easily delete any you don't want.

Now for some more good news.  I will be continuing to update this thread with additional damask patterns as I go.  In the end, it will probably be a gigantic bunch of wallpaper.

For now, enjoy!

Picture credits
Ophelia Bathroom set by Adele

* dod_th.jpg (56.28 KB, 150x150 - viewed 43948 times.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:54:55 PM by shadowfell » Logged

Hayley
Saint of Saints.
Gloom Cookie

Gat would be proud.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

These are really nice! I snagged the muted wallpapers. Thank you for sharing Smiley

SimGoddess
Kindergoth

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »

Like you, I too have a lot of damask wallpapers in my game... but sometimes I look at them and feel like they aren't quite what I want. But these... I'm thinking these might just fit the bill!

Thank you so much!

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

Thank you!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
shadowfell
Ye Olde Texture Hoarder
Gutter Punk

Go big or go extinct

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »

I'm glad everyone is enjoying these!  Introducing my next set - Nikita!

Kicker friendly.

Nikita is another fairly traditional pattern, but I amped it up a bit by making the colors contrasting using my Hexalicious! actions.  This makes a really cool effect if you're into the really saturated bright shades, and it also looks fantastic with more subdued hues.  I made 32 different ones and forced myself to stop.

Now for some in-game shots:

Works well with Oriental styles...

Fancy schmancy European styles...

...and quite possibly the most hideous kitchen I've ever created.  I love it.

All 32 colors are included in the .rar file.  They've all been compressorized and labeled, so feel free to delete the ones you don't want.  I've also included a collections file in the download for your use.

As always, ENJOY!

Picture credits
Pillars from Holy Simoly

Romantic Roulette
Dancing With The
Undead

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 07:00:12 AM »

Ooh, these are so pretty! I always love wallpapers like these :3 Thank you so much!

SimGoddess
Kindergoth

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »

Yay, more! Thank you so much! Smiley

shadowfell
Ye Olde Texture Hoarder
Gutter Punk

Go big or go extinct

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »

Gee, what have I been doing lately?  Um...making wallpaper and downloading a billion furniture sets.  Yep.  But here's another damask set for you.

Kicker friendly.

Introducing Desire, a massively huge damask pattern with a thoroughly uninspired kick moulding.  20 colors, all in Brights.  I imagine I'll make others in the more muted colors soon.

These were all made with Hexalicious! and tweaked to make the reverses.  Please forgive the stupid naming.  The "Fields" should actually be the other set, but I was in a hurry and didn't bother changing it.  At least you can tell them apart.

Now for screenshots:

Ooh, I made a dining room this time.

Wish my bathroom was that pretty.  Or that big.

And the obligatory bedroom shot.

Download time!  The wallpapers have all been Compressorized and labeled, as always.  A package file is included but will be updated when I finish the next set with this pattern.

Enjoy!

Picture Credits
Adele
Vita Sims
Phoenix_Phaerie
Holy Simoly

sweetbaby
Gutter Punk

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »

gorgeous! Love that style for simmies!
shadowfell
Ye Olde Texture Hoarder
Gutter Punk

Go big or go extinct

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »

Kicker friendly

It's finished!  I've actually had these done for a couple of weeks - I just needed to get in-game pictures and make my color palette.  This will probably be my final set as I will be working on my superhero Hood, New Gothopolis, and the Secret Santa exchange here at GoS.  I might come back to it later, but four big wallpaper collections is plenty for this project.

Introducing...Moonlight!  I went a little crazy with the colors - 39 in all.  There's a good range from totally ostentatious to a more typical-looking color, although none are as muted as Adalia.  Another set made from my Hexalicious! actions.

I really really like the way these look in game, so how about some examples?

I love damask in a dining room.  Probably why I made two dining rooms for my screenshots.

A sitting room.

And another dining room.

Now to the downloads!  As usual, everything's been labeled and Compressorized, and I've included an optional Collection file (now with my nifty new icon if you want to use it).

DOWNLOAD MOONLIGHT FROM BOX.NET!

DOWNLOAD MOONLIGHT COLLECTION FILE FROM BOX.NET!

Have fun with them!

Picture Credits
Vita Sims
iCad's fabulous floors
Adele

Penny
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 04:18:18 AM »

I've taken a handful of these - can't wait to use them Smiley

Darling Bones @ LJ
My Downloads
You are so fragile and thin, standing trial for your sins. Holding onto yourself the best you can.
You are the smell before rain. You are the blood in my veins
Tea Leaf
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

These are beautiful! Thanks! :>

FerranTrinity
Kindergoth

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

I downloaded all of these. Awesome job. Smiley

Ferran Trinity @ dreamwidth and tumblr. :3
DarkPixie
Kindergoth

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »

These are beautiful!Can't wait to use them.
Brooklyn
Kindergoth

But I don't wanna be a pirate!

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »

;DOh, my, glob. These are simply GORGEOUS! I apologize for the caps, haha, but I was in need of some well-done damask. It seems like with Damask textured walls in Sims 2, they're either beautiful or they're crap. I guess it depends on the creator. These are so great, thank you! Cheer

I have not read signature rules.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: