Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TS3 converted BahHaus windows as bay windows (CuriousB)  (Read 10972 times)
lovestainedheart
Kindergoth

« on: November 06, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »

I was wondering if someone would kindly take a look at these and see if its possible to make them into bay windows. I'd like to be able to place objects on the sill and have pets interact with them as they do with the maxis bay windows. I totally understand if it isn't possible, but I thought I would ask.  Thanks for taking time to look.  Smiley

The link to the whole set is here: http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/32908.html
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:25:55 PM by shastakiss » Logged

CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 12:06:59 PM »

You know, that never occurred to me when I was converting the set!

Since I still have all my project files, let me take a look and see if I can do this. Smiley

lovestainedheart
Kindergoth

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »

Ooh, that would be so wonderful. Thanks for looking into it!

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »

I can just see cats and clutter on those nice wide sills!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 11:28:10 PM »

And also dogs, perching on the sill waiting for their owner to come back from work! Big Grin

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 01:55:17 AM »

Pass the eye bleach!  I just visualized a German shepherd with his front elbows on the sill and the rest hanging off on the floor!  Anyhow, let's let CuriousB work, now that she knows more of us want this too.

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »

I've not had much time, so I've only just started looking at this, but I have a couple of questions for you, lovestainedheart.

Firstly, the first window you've shown a picture of is only a small, one-tile window, with no sill, so not suitable for turning into a bay window. The other one I think should work, but I can't see any other windows in the set that would be suitable. So, unless I've missed something obvious, I'll only be doing the one window, if that's OK?

As far as I can see there are Maxis bay windows that come with OfB and M&G - do you have a preference for which one I should clone, i.e. do have one EP but not the other? (Also, do you know if they work the same way regarding pets, as I've never personally seen a pet on a window sill in my game..?)

lovestainedheart
Kindergoth

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »

The second window was my mistake, so no worries on that one. The maxis bay windows from OFB and M&G do work the same (I just tested this in my game) so either one works for me as I have both packs installed. The others here that are interested might have a preference, however.

Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »

I don't have M&G, so if you could use the OFB version, CuriousB, that'd be lovely. Embarrassed

CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 06:26:45 AM »

Done!

It should pick up any recolours of the original window:

Cloned from the Maxis OfB bay window, so OfB is required.

If you have the original ('Concrete Boarder') window then please delete it, as this one won't overwrite it. It seems to work for me, but if anyone has any problems, then please let me know.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:57:40 AM by shastakiss » Logged

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »

I love the pets animations that the bay windows have. I love CuriousB's Bauhaus set. So guess what? I love the Bauhaus bay window! What a good idea, thank you for requesting it, lovestainedheart, and thank you for making it, CuriousB  Smiley
pinkiecat
Gutter Punk

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »

This is great! Throwing it into my game right now. I love how the cat can actually sit in it.. I never knew that before.
lovestainedheart
Kindergoth

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »

Thank you! This is absolutely fantastic. I'm really surprised at how few people know about the pet animations, but then again the maxis bay windows are super ugly so I can't imagine many people use them. This will definitely get over-used in my game now, especially since I've been trying to play more with pets & breeding them. Cheesy Thank you once again, CuriousB!

zoompha
The Slightly More Fruity
Undead

And then I had a stupid.

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »

Ahh, this is excellent CuriousB, thank you! I actually had no idea about those pet animations, but now that I know about it these babies are going everywhere in my game.

AriranaMahariel
Queen Nevaeh.
Kindergoth

We were swimming in a lava stream.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »

Holy Hell, I never knew I needed this in my game. Downloaded the original set and the bay windows! Thanks, CuriousB!

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: