Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a bonnet (or parts for one)  (Read 2926 times)
miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »

In a French composition, I used the word for ship (liner, I forget the French) instead of the word for the inside of a coat (lining, fr doubleur).  At least it was just homework, not a test!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
thechangeling
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »

Okay. So, from what I can tell, Di hasn't released this mesh yet (both for babies and toddlers) because she's waiting for permission from Cynnix. Cyn's in and out of the community a lot because to her family life, but she's about due back for her occasional period of activity. (We love her so much that she just can't stay away from us for very long. <3) Although I get the feeling she'd be more than okay with the alterations and sharing, could you wait for her approval, Raven?
Theraven
Easily distracted
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

The bright side of life has chocolate!

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »

I don't mind waiting Smiley

Chapter 85 of Little Fire Burning

Just because I have a short attention span, that doesn't mean I... SQUIRREL!
Vuokkosims
Good witch.
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

It's an adorable mesh! it worth the waiting n.n

Cynnix
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 04:31:26 AM »

Okay. So, from what I can tell, Di hasn't released this mesh yet (both for babies and toddlers) because she's waiting for permission from Cynnix. Cyn's in and out of the community a lot because to her family life, but she's about due back for her occasional period of activity. (We love her so much that she just can't stay away from us for very long. <3) Although I get the feeling she'd be more than okay with the alterations and sharing, could you wait for her approval, Raven?
I have an open policy. Tear it apart and make new shiny things, and share, share, share! I only ask that if it's something that I modified that uses parts from others that they get credit too Smiley

BTW-love the new bonnet, let me know when Di shares hers thechangeling.

Raven, can you send me a link when yours is done? I'd love to have it as well.
thechangeling
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »

Cheesy
currantpotpie
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »

That is freaking adorable and it doesn't look too terribly hard to recolor either!

Dicreasy
Kindergoth

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:28 AM »

Ah-hah!  Remembered my password. 

First of all, I feel really bad for not seeing this thread until the lovely thechangeling pointed it out to me.  I don't tend to check wcif? threads, and this is not the first time I've missed someone looking for content I've made, I've used or am working on something similar.

Secondly, I feel really bad that the anxiety issues I was having last year, stopped me from contacting Cynnix about these.  I'm sorry Cynnix, but thank you for granting permission for my alterations here.

Thirdly, yep, I've altered Cynnix's lovely coif mesh to make bonnets for my babies.  Well, Victorian babies demand them I feel.  I've made a standalone outfit mesh for infants, and you can see that mesh here.  That mesh is completely finished, and I have made several recolours of it.  You will need Chris Hatch's mod to change the clothes of babies, but I can upload that when I get home tonight. 

I'm still working on the toddler mesh.  I think I've got rid of some dark shadows that were bothering me, but at the moment, it's a replacement of Cynnix's coif mesh (if I'm not sure I can get something to work, I'll replace the original mesh if it's based on another item, before going in and trying to make it standalone). I can get it finished using the low bun as the hair, and get that uploaded soon, and it should be as a standalone mesh.  I can also let you have the gmdc for just the bonnet to make it easier of you want to add it to other hairs, or make it into an accessory. 

Theraven
Easily distracted
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 06:53:38 AM »

Looks great, Dicreasy! Almost can't wait for the upload Cheesy

Dicreasy
Kindergoth

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »

Thanks. Cheesy  Ok here is the baby outfit.  The mesh isn't perfect: there are two dark shadows I haven't managed to get rid of, but they are not too noticeable in game.  Feel free to rip apart what I've done, after all, I've mashed things by others together to make it, including the textures.  Textures are pinched from AAS, Almighty-Hat and Giasims.  I've not tried alpha editing the cap to make it look like it is made of lace, so I don't know if that is possible as things stand at the moment.

I'm planning on working on the toddler version for both sexes this weekend, and will upload when done.  i can't wait to see what you do with these. Cheesy

Theraven
Easily distracted
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »

Thanks a lot!

I planned on making alpha editable ruffles, so that'll probably happen.

Dicreasy
Kindergoth

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 05:24:41 PM »

You're welcome.  I admit, now I have the meshes made, I have lots of plans for them, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you're planning too.  I finished the toddler meshes earlier.  They're hair styles and I've uploaded them here.  Personally, I think the meshes for these are better quality, because I managed to get rid of the dark shadows that are present on the baby one.  They are mapped the same as the baby one, if you wanted to swap out that mesh and resize one of these.  I'll probably be doing that at some point, but I've just added the cap to two more toddler hair styles for the twins in my main legacy house, and I need a bit of a break from the meshes.

Edit:  Opps, forgot the credits.  Credits go to Cynnix for the original coif mesh that I altered and Almighty Hat for the textures. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:45:40 PM by Dicreasy » Logged

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 05:46:58 PM »

Looking forward to all these new options!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: