Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: March Sims Challenge  (Read 42477 times)
Ribbon
Kindergoth

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »

Poison B for me!
JoThirteen
Reasonably Random
Gutter Punk

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »

I've finished my first two sims:

Complacent

Aloof

(They're both available for download:  Complacent | Aloof)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:22:26 PM by JoThirteen » Logged

"Memories bring no joy or peace/We are alone/And all we need"
(IAMX, Bernadette)
tealamata
Cheeky Monkey
Gutter Punk

nolite te bastardes carborundorum

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 05:23:41 PM »

Azaya, Rusalka is stunning!! Also, do you love opera? I'm currently studying voice at a conservatory. Lucia Popp does an amazing interpretation of Rusalka, in my opinion.  

"If you call a person a jackass, it could leave a permanent scar. But if you call a jackass a jackass, he won't care- jackasses know what they are."
Figs
The Megamouth of Lurkers
Grimly Fiendish
Kindergoth

Feeling Fancy Free

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »

Hmm, since I'm planning on making a new neighborhood...I wonder if I should go ahead and take the poison D challenge?  Yeah, gonna do that.

SammoykeMurasaki
Kindergoth

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »

I chose C , I intend to meet that quota , haha. But I have ran into a snag with my downloads, as it keeps wanting to crash on me. Any who. Up first we have Bret, he is crestfallen, as you can see for  his girlfriend of several years has just left him and with her went his inspiration to sculpt and mold his clay into something beautiful. I also was highly inspired by the song Crestfallen by smashing pumpkins , these lyrics in particular

Who am I to you?
Along the way
I lost my faith

And as you were, you'll be again
To mold like clay, to break like dirt
To tear me up in your sympathy
You were never meant to belong to me

Without further anticipation I give you " Crestfallen"

Also should I come back and edit this post with my other prompts are just make a new reply ?
octopus
eight-armed cephalopod
Gutter Punk

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »

JoThirteen - Thank you for sharing them! Your Complacent has such a unique face, I just had to have him.
SammoykeMurasaki - Loooove the Smashing Pumpkins reference! Bret and the pictures you've taken of him all look very cool. I personally just add any additional sims I make in a new reply, but I'm sure you could edit them into your existing post when they're finished if you'd prefer.

"Leonardo`s Mona Lisa is just a thousand thousand smears of paint. Michelangelo`s David is just a million hits with a hammer. We`re all of us a million bits put together the right way."
tumblr//simblr
SammoykeMurasaki
Kindergoth

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 11:00:20 PM »

It won't let me post anything it keeps cutting my post to a few sentences, I have tried three times to post my prompts Sad
It only recognizes two sentences and cuts the pictures and everything else past the first image out of my post . Ill keep coming back to edit this and try again periodically  *** it appears to be a problem with two of my girls pictures, working on it. hmm ive tried uploading my image to two different serves, and all of them are the same size dimension, I am not sure if it's something on my end or the forums end, ill keep trying but I had no issue uploading pictures for Brent, shouldn't have this issue with these babes either  upset

Okay I got three more of my characters ready to upload. More pictures are available on my tumblr.
This is Penny she is my mini renegade . She is an orphan and takes care of a group of 4 other orphans that are around her age and younger . They  survive by stealing food and live in an old abandoned warehouse by the saint valentine pier, which is owned and neglected by the Valentine family.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:33:06 AM by SammoykeMurasaki » Logged
Eltaninz
Sponge Eater
Kindergoth

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 02:21:26 AM »

Oh my gosh SammoykeMurasaki, Penny is so adorable!  I'm totally downloading her right now (though I'll probably swap out her skin to match my game style...hair has to stay though Tongue)!

Avlinn
Bakumatsu Geek
Kindergoth

Oro?

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 03:57:26 AM »

It won't let me post anything it keeps cutting my post to a few sentences, I have tried three times to post my prompts Sad
It only recognizes two sentences and cuts the pictures and everything else past the first image out of my post . Ill keep coming back to edit this and try again periodically  *** it appears to be a problem with two of my girls pictures, working on it. hmm ive tried uploading my image to two different serves, and all of them are the same size dimension, I am not sure if it's something on my end or the forums end, ill keep trying but I had no issue uploading pictures for Brent, shouldn't have this issue with these babes either  upset

SammoykeMurasaki, tell me, do you write your posts earlier in some text editor like Word or something alike? Because I did and had the same problems - posts kept on being cut in strange places, where I used the '...', '-' and the ', because the forum doesn't like these characters Tongue

Anyway, Penny is really adorable in a rebellious kind of way, and I must say, I too love the reference to Smashing Pumpkins on your crestfallen. Poor thing Sad

De gozaru.
SammoykeMurasaki
Kindergoth

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 04:02:44 AM »

Aw i didn't even think anyone would want to download her, I will package her up and make her available for download aspa, I have not done that before so I will have to find out how mediafire or something works lol. Anyway I didn't use word pad to prewrite the post I just wrote directly in the post field , I will try again later to see if it works, it might just be a few more forum bugs since the forum was down for a while. Thanks for the positive feed back on Bret it means alot Cheesy

As far as uploading my other sims, it is starting to look grim, I can't seem to upload the images for them at all, I have tried multiple servers to host the image and I just don't know why but it don't want to upload my image haha anyway I will keep trying. But they are on my tumblr if you want to check them out!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:35:38 AM by SammoykeMurasaki » Logged
JoThirteen
Reasonably Random
Gutter Punk

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:55 AM »

octopus: I'm glad you liked him. Smiley (I have no idea if he breeds well in game, so if he does end up producing offspring in yours, I'd be curious to see the results. Wink )

SammoykeMurasaki: Penny really is adorable, I'm going to join everyone else in saying I want her in my game too. Smiley

(IAMX, Bernadette)
Yuxi
Mr. Sinister
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »

isbrealiomcaife: Aw, she looks like a blast, and her hair is glorious!
keoni: Your sims are always gorgeous, and I did recognize her immediately - great work!
Eltaninz: Hollow, harlow, close enough.  Grin She definitely gives off the heebiejeebies.
Azaya: She is gorgeous, yet fittingly uncanny. That teeth mask was the perfect touch.
Major: Ooh, I like that second picture of Mick, and Paula has rather enchanting eyes.
JoThirteen: Oho, who is he to be sitting to comfortably next to a Dalek? Your aloof looks like a feisty lady!
SammoykeMurasaki, make sure you don't use grave accents and acute accents on letters, and only use this apostrophe (') and not the one on the tilde button. Those seem to be the most common traps. (Someone remind me to make a help thread about it later!) Also, your Penny is adorable, and excellent posing (especially with the face expressions) on Bret!
(On a side note, please mind the chatspeak such as 'asap' and 'lol' Wink)

Oh and lastly, I finally managed to whip up a participation prize again, found in the first post. So ignore that silly voice that says you already have mountains of AF clothes - let yourself be enticed into entering! Be enticed, I say!

Laughter and screams sound very much alike.
(Dreamwidth & Tumblr)
prah
The Swedish Guy
Gloom Cookie

Please Stand By

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »

I take Posion A Smiley

JoThirteen
Reasonably Random
Gutter Punk

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »

Yuxi: Thanks! Complacent is such a laid back sim, he isn't even the slightest bit scared to sit next to a Dalek (which was probably a mistake on his part). Wink And yes, Aloof is a sim with a very no-nonsense kind of personality.

This month's prize looks fantastic! Smiley

(IAMX, Bernadette)
Equinox
Engaging ramble mode...
Undead

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 01:01:38 PM »

I'm not usually one to enter things like this, but I've got to do it this time just because of that lovely participation prize Drool
I took Poison A since it's my first time participating. My chosen prompt was Surface, and this is what it brought to mind for me:

For centuries, the human nations of the north have been allied with the subterranean clans of the Kalasa. However, although each will aid the other in times of need, actual contact between humans and Kalasa is rare aside from the occasional trading expedition.
It was on one such expedition that a group of Kalasa merchants found a human child, not much more than a baby, left alone on one of the less well-travelled trails. They took care of the boy throughout their journey, hoping to find his family and return him to them. No one in the towns they visited claimed the baby, and those who could afford to care for another child were unwilling to take in a foundling. So the merchants brought him back to their clan's caverns when the trading season had ended, and raised him as one of their own. He was given the name Savu, meaning 'sky' in the Kalasa language.
By the time Savu reached adulthood, he was well aware of his human origins. Although he still thought of himself as a Kalasa, he was determined to find out more about his past, and as soon as the winter snow began to thaw, he left the caverns he had grown up in and set out for the nearest human village., wondering what awaited him in the surface world.

...I really hope I did this right.

My Pillowfort & My Simblr
Homes of Kulo Sena and a ridiculous amount of fantasy-worldbuilder rambling
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: