Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2014.03 - Gender Bender and Bodyshapes  (Read 118300 times)
Yuxi
Mr. Sinister
Macabre Miscreant

« on: March 01, 2014, 02:58:40 AM »

It was a quick and clear win, so this month's theme will be Gender Bender and Bodyshapes! This is a huge theme that allows for things such as hair and attire for your androgynous//genderfluid/trans* sims, or new meshes or recolours for the plethora of different shapes available for TS2. This theme was the January theme in 2011, so feel free to have a look there for inspiration. Let's celebrate variety!

Index

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:48:56 PM by shastakiss » Logged

Laughter and screams sound very much alike.
(Dreamwidth & Tumblr)
The Lithium Vortex
Undead

Is there a Doctor in the house?

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »

Ooooh, this is exciting. Shocked

I just wanna turn the lights on,
in these volatile times.

WastelandSims
Kindergoth

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »

I was hoping this would win  Smiley if my simming computer get's fixed I have some plans for this theme.

Almighty Hat
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »

... Holy crap, it finally made it! 

sundried
delightfully awkard
Gutter Punk

they/them/their

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:42:58 PM »

I'm so happy that this theme's finally come around again. I've been holding onto these for months, basically ever since Gender Bender came back into the polls. Yay!

^ kicker friendly

I'm kinda nervous, though. I haven't shared anything for the sims in years and this is the first time I've ever shared clothing. But anyway, today I have 6 cute dresses for your AM sims. These are inspired by and edited from Azaya's mega awesome dresses found here. (The one on the left in the above picture is my fave; it's got the amazing Fisheye, a gender non-conforming villain from Sailor Moon, on it Tongue )

A numbered swatch and a .txt file with full credits and policy are included with the .rar. Azaya's fixed mesh is also included.

> DOWNLOAD <

Credits:
Azaya
Jasumi
Fanseelamb
Amaryll

WastelandSims
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »

Those are adorable Sundried Smiley  thank you

Sevenskellington
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 02:45:47 AM »

These are something I made for my own personal use, but this does seem like the opportunity to share them if there's anyone else who could find them useful. Basically I have a male and a female sim who I wanted to look more alike, so I took the face from the AF skins and made them into a mask using the maxis "foundation" alpha.

On the lefhand side is the normal AM face, on the right is the mask. It's a subtle effect in these pictures, but I feel it does make a difference if you're trying to make a sim look more feminine or softer.

I did this for all the skins in the set and flagged the default ones to only show up with the corresponding skins to leave a little more room in the blush bin. They show up for all ages and genders except [Y]AF. I left them enabled for TF in case you want to use them to hide acne.

Obviously these are really only useful to people who use the same Leh skinset that I do, but they're really easy to make if you just export in bodyshop and paste in the faces from your skinset. I'd recommend using these as a base because I changed the layering to go underneath all other makeup, while the Maxis blushes will cover up all your face shaders and dimples and stuff.

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:08:11 AM by Sevenskellington » Logged

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »

Clever idea, Skell!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
FadeToBlack
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

i came back haunted

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »

Dammit, I appear to have at some point deleted my big folder of androgyny stuff. Guess I'll just have to create and download a new bunch of clothes...

MissTiikeri
Made In Sweden
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

â–²Sit Vis Vobiscumâ–²

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 05:27:11 PM »

I see we are off to a nice start! I've been hoping for this theme to win for quiet awhile now and here is my
first, and hopefully not last, contribution:

This is a new mesh I made from a converted simsimi mesh. I added Pixicat's cutout boots and slapped some Unif
motifs on it too. It is not a perfect mesh, there is some weird shading on the sleeves on the light colours and such
but I hope someone can still find use for it(I know I will). These also come with Tenshii~Akari's smooth hands so
no more blocky hands! You can preview the swatch here.

Everything you will need is included in the .rar along with the swatch. The files are numbered as they appear on
the swatch for easy deleting. Enjoy!

Download

Credit: Simsimi for the tee mesh, Pixicat for the shoes, Unif for the images, Tenshii~Akari for the smooth hands
and Amaryll for helping me with the mesh package.

Azaya
Doomful frog
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

on hiatus; please pm on tumblr or DW.

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 01:53:23 AM »

Oh my goodness I am so excited this theme won and so excited for the things already shared here! sundried and MissTiikeri, I can't get enough of dresses for M sims, so I'm super thrilled by both of your contributions! Skell, what a neat idea!

I have loads of femme M stuff sitting around to sort through so I'm sure I'll be back, but in the meantime, here's an androgyny outfit I made for my trans guys and other masculine F sims:

swatch:

It's a set of recolors of Gothplague's androgyny polo with skinny jeans and creepers outfit. I used pants textures by Aikea and Gelydh, and I believe the creeper and shirt textures are Gothplague's. It's for both AF and TF, though I only took a preview of AF because they look identical. Meshes are included!

SihaaReigns
Kindergoth

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 12:32:34 AM »

Oh.My.Yeezus.  No way

I CANNOT WAIT to see the gorgeous things that people add... Sad I've been dying for more androgynous/gender queer/bending clothing for my 'males'...

I can never have too many.

Veni. Vidi. VICI.
Drew
the original. the light.
Gloom Cookie

Run for the skylines, darling.

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 11:53:20 PM »

Oh man I am so about this theme, I've been dying for it to win again.  Downloaded just about everything that's been shared already, thanks!

Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 05:41:14 AM »

I have one tiny offering for this theme (thanks to Skell, Imalia, SerenityFall, and Space to Waste for ALL the help)!

I wanted to do something for toddlers because that's what I'm working on defaulting in my game right now. So, I defaulted some jackets for the girls. I hope this fits the theme okay!

is now changed to:

I hope you like it! NOTE THIS IS A DEFAULT REPLACEMENT!

(Thanks to Nyren for the textures and Tig for the mesh)

DOWNLOAD

LINK UPDATE July 1, 2016
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:24:41 AM by Whispers » Logged

Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 05:27:02 AM »

Somebody asked me on tumblr if I could convert Nouks FemDreads 09 for males and I figured why not try it out and... now I'm posting it here since it fits the theme. Grin

In game:

angles:

Credits:
- Nouk for the original mesh & textures. Comes in the same colors as originals and works for teen - elder, just like the female one does.

Download from Mediafire /  SimFileShare

Let me know if there's something wrong with it and I'll fix it as soon as possible. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 09:05:40 PM by Hermit Fox » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: