Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exnem burgers as edible meal? (GRANTED!)  (Read 11322 times)
Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« on: April 01, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

I've always loved Exnem's old custom food sets, and recently I came across some delicious, almost forgotten burgers. Sadly, they have two mayor problems going on:

1. The burgers are a buyable object, rather than an edible food; they are in the buy catalog under (I think) appliances - misc.
2. The object doesn't work! When I direct a sim to get a burger, he just snaps away from it and the queue stops.

Could a kind soul try and make these poor old burgers into a real edible food? I think the little guys deserve as much. Tongue
Now, I may not know anything about meshing/creating custom food, but I imagine it wouldn't be impossible to salvage Exnem's meshes, clone the basegame hamburger, do some nip-tuck and make a standalone custom meal. Here is a picture example of the burgers:

The first picture shows the two meshes I'd like to have - Double cheddar and Single swiss. The second picture is the same two meshes, just previewed in SimPE. I reuploaded them here in case someone wants to take a look.

Virtual burgers cookies to anyone who considers taking this up! Chef
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:20:33 PM by Esotheria_D. » Logged

Imalia
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »

This has been on my to-do list for some time, as well as some of his other food.  I'd like to give this a go, it's about time I learned the skills to get it off my to-do list.

Edit:  Just been poking at this in SimPE and it seems do-able, I just have a couple of questions to clarify. 

1: Do you have OFB/Do you want these OFB-ready?
2: For the plate, do you want the maxis plate or the burger box?
3: For the serving platter, do you want the maxis plate or the burger-world stand/stack of boxes. 
Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »

You're a true savior, Imalia! Cheesy

I have OFB, but I don't know if an ofb-ready version of the burgers exists. It's a pretty old download, so... I'd be lovely if you could make them OFB-ready, though! And I'd be happy with just the Maxis dinnerware for the whole set, thanks. Smiley Those boxes did nothing but get in the way, anyways.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:16:58 PM by Esotheria_D. » Logged

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

I'm looking forward to this too!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
Imalia
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »

Right, after a frustrating few days, I have success!

I've finished the double cheddar.  It is cloned from the hamburgers so needs the same amount of cooking skill (5 I think?) and is available for lunch and dinner.  It is ofb ready, appears for the make and make many, and can be added to an owned restaurants menu. Call to meal function and leftovers work.  Has it's own guid and won't overwrite anything else, appears as Double Cheddar in the pie menu.  I have no idea how backward compatibility with food works, so I am going to say this needs at least OFB and possibly nightlife and seasons.

Both the serve and eat states have all morphs (full, half, empty)
Serve:

Eat:

In the interests of full disclosure, the mesh is bigger than the maxis burgers so some clipping with fingers and faces happens while a sim is eating, but these were present in the originals as well.

Fingers:

Faces:

And you can download it HERE

Please let me know if there are any problems and hopefully it won't take me as long to get the single swiss done.

EDIT:  HERE is the single swiss.  Same deal as above, pictures included in the rar.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:31:04 PM by Imalia » Logged
quiltlover
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »

Thank you!  I look forward to trying these in-game.
Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20:08 PM »

Oh...my... C'mere and let me love you, Imalia!!
Thank you for bestowing my game with the gift of delicious fast food - my little pixel gourmand will be eternally grateful. ^_^

Vettie
Kindergoth

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »

These are fantastic! I wonder why you didn't want the other burgers as well, though. It would have made for different varieties at a OFB burger joint.
erinmblair
Kindergoth

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 05:51:17 PM »

I'm not the original requester, but I wouldn't mind the others to be done as well.  This certainly would be awesome for an OFB Fast Food Lot. Smiley
Imalia
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »

I can certainly add the other burgers to my to-do list, but I have a few other things I need to get finished before I take on a large-ish project like that.
Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:57 PM »

Imalia, if you don't have the rest of the files I could upload them for you. Smiley It's the least I can do for my wish-granting friend, really.

Imalia
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »

I do have them, pretty sure I have them all.  14, yes?, parts one and two?  If I am mistaken and there are more, by all means upload them and I'll add them.
Shedagurl
Gutter Punk

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:49 PM »

Thank you for this. I always wanted all of Exnem's food files as a meal instead of buyable, but have no talent. So again, thank you!
miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »

Thank you very much!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
Gwenke
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:28 PM »

Thank you for making the burgers functional!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: