Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just This Guy, You Know? - Default face templates  (Read 8334 times)
Got_Nerd
Kindergoth

« on: April 29, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »

I began this set in 2010, with a similar idea to isbrealiomcaife's default set below me: true ethnic diversity in my sims game!  Unfortunately, I'm somewhat less competent than they are, but it turns out I did all the work to make these functional back in 2010, so I thought I might as well share them.  They were based on a website, now defunct, showing 'average faces' from different countries like this.  They do look somewhat more like generic white people than I originally intended.  But when it comes to face templates, the more the merrier, right? (My personal favourites are 2, 13 and 17)

Previews:

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bttahs2moi54fcr/JustSomeGuy_Got_Nerd_facedefaults.zip

* tumbnail.png (35.51 KB, 150x150 - viewed 59376 times.)
Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »

Those look very nice! Cheesy

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

I'm sorry, I can't lie. I really like your face style (because little roundy heads: <333), but I literally can't see the difference between any of these but 20, which has different ears.
Maybe that's just a function of using the most average faces possible? (Because I never understood those studies, it's not the average that's interesting about faces and genetics, it's outliers. Alleles don't blend exactly.)
I don't mean to be mean, it just seemed weird, so I thought I'd mention it in case something happened.  Embarrassed

Got_Nerd
Kindergoth

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:33:12 AM »

Whispers - thank you Smiley

Alfi - It's totally a fair criticism.  I think it's definitely a function of the average faces thing (especially average 20 year old hotties).  There are a few more differences in profile, but really I'm a little mortified by how 'the same' they look, given I was so proud of them when I finished.  I also have a horrible feeling I stuffed up a couple of previews...

I also love little roundy heads, as a little roundy head myself Smiley
MysticRain
Grimly Fiendish
Kindergoth

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »

While I can see where Alfred is coming from and agree that these are not the most individually unique face templates, I have to say I do see differences and since I prefer my townies to not look like results of some gene-extremes tests, I appreciate the overallish kind of sameness of this set.
So for people like me who are compelled to make their games fit their aesthetics more than reality, these are great, thanks Got_Nerd!
Got_Nerd
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:15:13 AM »

While I can see where Alfred is coming from and agree that these are not the most individually unique face templates, I have to say I do see differences and since I prefer my townies to not look like results of some gene-extremes tests, I appreciate the overallish kind of sameness of this set.
So for people like me who are compelled to make their games fit their aesthetics more than reality, these are great, thanks Got_Nerd!

Thank you Smiley
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally using a couple of these.  ^_^

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »

I appreciate the work you put into this set, but it's not to my taste.  On the other hand, I might use them to generate non-ugly townies.

A nit I've found in many face sets, default and not:  The full face view really doesn't show the differences between the faces and the profile doesn't show others, so I'd like 3/4 views.  No need to change these, just quietly protesting.

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
smartskaft
Kindergoth

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »

Thank you! This will definitely make my townies and NPC's look nicer.  Smiley

20, 22 and 23 are my favorites, they are gorgeous! Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: