Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS Actions for Unnatural Skintones?  (Read 10728 times)
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« on: January 11, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »

I'm wondering whether anyone has made and shared any Photoshop actions for unnatural skintone shades? Similar to Alfi's or Trapping's (pictures below), but in more vibrant shades - blues, greens, purples - anything that would befit an alien skintone really.

Trapping's unnatural shades are rather too subtle for my purposes (an unfinished project for this month's theme).

These are the kind of colours I'm after:

I've been trying to make my own, but the results have been very disappointing, and general colour actions (not specific for skintones) seem to generate too much pixelation. Just keep stabbing
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:04:31 PM by shastakiss » Logged

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »

I had a spare hour or two, so I messed around with some colors. I tried to stay bright, even though my tendency is towards something less saturate. Maybe you'll get a kick out of some of them?
(Built for S2 base. Use darker for darker, and lighter for lighter. Colors will vary greatly base color to base color.)

DOWNLOAD

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »

Love 'em, Alfi!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
Shien
Tired of being a
Gutter Punk

聞きえていますか僕の声は

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »

Wow, they'll definitely come in handy! Thanks, Alfred ^^

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »

You're welcome. Smiley

CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:57 AM »

You're an angel, Alfi, thanks so much - they're just what I needed! Cheesy

furbyq
elf grandfather
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:28 AM »

Those are some excellent actions, Alfi! I do a lot of unnatural skintone recoloring and I'm definitely adding some of them to my spectrum! Heart burp

tumblr!
go here for current downloads and wips.

dreamwidth!
go here for old downloads and pic spams.
AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »

Awesome! Glad I could help, and I look forward to seeing what you two make!

pinketamine
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »

I really like them, but specially Stone, it's an amazing shade. I'll definitely use these, thakns Alfie Smiley

WIP in my Dreamwidth
nat
Undead

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »

I am amazed! I was trying to recolour my skintones in unnatural colours yesterday and now I have actual resources to do so! I'm happy that i found this thread. Thank you so much Cheesy
ETA: i tried all of the actions and it seems to me that nebula and electric blue makes skintones look kind of bucket-fill? I tried them on light and dark bases and they look worse on the darker ones. I really love these colours, but i don't know if there is something wrong with the actions, my bases or actions not working properly on CS2?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:00:12 AM by nat » Logged

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »

Yeah, nebula was the last action I made and I lost steam a bit. I think I should have added another color channel adjustment and reduced the hard light layer by at least half. D:
I'll see what I can do for electric as well, though I don't know off the top of my head what I screwed up there.

I'll crack it open and remake it prettier. Thanks for the feedback! Smiley

grammarchick
Kindergoth

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »

I feel like a moron; I got so excited when I saw the skins I didn't immediately realize they were not actual skins yet, just for use in photoshop. *facepalm*  Does anyone have the actual skins ready for use in the game? They're gorgeous, can't wait to see them on my people.  Thanks!
CuriousB
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 04:40:07 AM »

I'm working on it, grammarchick, but I'm as slow as slow can be, so it may be a little while yet! Grin

By the way, Alfi, did you have time to take another look at nebula and electric again yet?

BerryNooboosRetired
Retired
Gutter Punk

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »

I got a chance to use the actions to make recolors of one of Lilith's maxis match skins. I didn't notice anything wrong with nebula myself when I used it, though electric did have bucket-fill like problems for me. You can see them on some of my sims here. I'd be willing to share them if anyone would like them, though I didn't use all the actions, just Emerald, Grass, Sunshine, Navy, Powder Puff, Sea Foam, Sorbet, and Stone. Then I made a few of my own colors using them. Thanks for making the actions though. I did need more unnatural tones for skins in my game~

AlfredAskew
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:32 AM »

Can someone poke me about this again in two days? I've got a lot of work this week, but I do want to fix this.

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: