Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blind Date 2015 Gifts  (Read 198533 times)
CuriousB
Recreational Spreadsheet User
Macabre Miscreant

24-Hour Scientific Services

« on: February 22, 2015, 06:37:56 AM »

We'd all love to know what gift your Date made for you, and I'm sure you all want to show off your gifts too (and share them if you choose), and this is the place to do so. Cheesy

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:50:17 PM by shastakiss » Logged

Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:02:32 PM »

I guess I'll break this open, then!! My blind date was Polychrome and she gave me the most amazing stuff. I had no idea how she did it but these gifts are so perfect for me I could cry!!

I still can't get over how perfect this is and not sure I ever will!! She's okay with sharing, so please grab these goodies! Thank you so, so much again Polychrome!!! Heart burp

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »

OOH what gorgeous gifties!

Fi
Rufus T. Firefly
Gutter Punk

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:47:53 PM »

AHHHHH those are lovely, Polychrome! What a way to kick things off! Cheesy Thank you for sharing, Jessy!

If a lot of people love each other, the world would be a better place to live.

simblr | last.fm
celebkiriedhel
Gutter Punk

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:07:22 PM »

Very Excellent! They look wonderful and how lovely your sims will look... (and mine too!)

Polychrome
Kindergoth

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »

I am so thrilled to have gotten Jessy as my Blind Date! I've never participated in a GoS gift exchange before so I was really nervous but not only was she easy to create for (what with our similar tastes) but her gifts for me are so wonderful and perfect and amazing!

Beautiful hair for everyone!

Mouseyblue lip recolors!

Vintage-y wall art!

I'm so, so thrilled with all of it! Thank you so much, Jessy!

And here's the download link! Info and swatches included! Unnatural hairs are binned with naturals, FYI.

Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 03:29:39 AM »

OOH very nice! I'm loving this already! Cheesy

GodLimpingBy
This wasn't supposed to be a discussion on whether Gregor has a head or not
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 04:37:59 AM »

You're all gonna cry when you see what I got from my Blind Date. I know I did.  :'(

Well, hello, GLB, fancy meeting you here!

Last year I managed to bend content to fit a theme.  This year, I've got houseguests (my sister and her five-week-old), so a spiffy theme kind of a little bit didn't happen at all.

Here's what DID happen:

Let me start off with what's probably the most lackluster (but still useful) thing I got done-- you said you were happy with outerwear separates and that you have trouble with my huge texture-referenced sets, and I had this top in the works and...

Well, it's basically my Front-Laced Lady, top-only, no shift showing, with gloves.  It's flagged as everyday, outerwear, and (for applicable ages) maternity, available for Child, Teen, and YA/Adult/Elder, and while it doesn't pair well with my wide-laced kirtles, it does play nicely with my Luttrell Psalter kirtles!  (PS, because I feel bad not having a matching bottom to go with this top for you, if you tell me what colors of the Luttrell Kirtle you want, I'll un-slave them for you.  Likewise, I've got gloveless versions of this top incoming soon, just tell me the colors and I'll make sure you get an independent version.)

I made sure the texture on this one reached to mid-thigh, in case of sideless surcotes.  The glove texture was stolen from Seasons and tweaked to actually fit on the hands.  (The gloves may not be period, but I was desperate.)  Meshes by Cynnix, textures burgled from Sherahbim (gown, laces) and Iamliz13 (garters), colors are by Pooklet, Aelia, and CuriousB, as ever, and all the colors are tooltipped for your convenience.  Second color listed is the glove color.  Most of the gloves are Safety Fuse, but nowhere near all of them.  It didn't look right with everything.

Please note that the wrong mesh files were included and you should get the correct meshes HERE.

I had more luck making interesting outerwear accessories.

So, here we have some fuzzy things to keep your Sim ladies (mostly your ladies) warm!  They come in 32 colors (all of Pooklet's Project Mayhem naturals, plus twelve additional colors that looked like fur and got used on my Rus Viking hats) and are enabled for casual, formal, outerwear, and maternity.

I did not do a Bon Voyage jewelry version because I forgot.  My apologies!

There are three versions of Peggy's fur collar-- with lace, for your Victorian/Steampunk ladies, without lace for your ladies of various periods, and without lace for ladies and men.  (The mesh clips a bit more on men than on women, but maybe you'll find it a small price to pay for all that fuzzy warmth.)

The textures are Peggy's own fur overlaid very softly with some Pooklet V3 hair for an actual furry grain.  The pin/button/brooch dealie is actually a reproduction Viking tortoise brooch, but it's been shrunk down so far it just looks like metal.  I think it passes equally well for tarnished silver or well-worn tin.  (I was going to do Victorian versions with the cute bow, but the cute bow has alpha issues that give it non-Euclidean geometries so... that didn't happen.)  You get twenty colors by Pooklet, three by Aelia, and nine by CuriousB for a total of 32.

Peggy's fur shawl only comes in one version.  You get the same 32 colors, which have been re-imported in SimPE for minimal crunchiness.  (There's still some crunch just from the actions.)  Like the collars, the shawls are enabled for casual, formal, outerwear, and maternity, and again I forgot about a jewelry version.  This time, the textures are a tiling fur from Commentnation, which I hope to use and abuse quite a bit in the future.

Both accessories are layerable.  You can combine like-colored collar and shawl to really warm up, but the textures don't blend flawlessly.  (I think the collar looks more like soft rabbit fur.)

The laceless and unisex collars will conflict, which is why they have the same names.  I just changed the Gender flag in SimPE.

The fur collar polycount is 4408, a little high but I'm pretty sure it's for the fuzziness.  The fur shawl's poly count is 2696, a bit more reasonable.

I've got one more thing just for your Victorian ladies, and unfortunately it doesn't come in a million colors.  I was rummaging through The Booty to see if I could find any interesting hairs to recolor, and stumbled across this fascinator.  My original plan was to add gears for your Steampunk game, but I got kind of attached to the lace.

You get four colors of roses-- red, white, pink, and yellow-- with various bits of trim from my texture collection and really, quite a bit of Rose's original textures.  (The rose itself is from a photograph.  It's the same red rose I used in my Nightlife date roses defaults.)

As I didn't think to check the categories before uploading, the fascinators are available for casual, formal, outerwear, and... gym.  They are, however, layerable, and available for Teen through Elder.  The poly count is 1014.

In general, I kind of felt like most of my ideas weren't gelling (even though I'm pleased with what I made), and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good gift...

So hey, how about your own private hair dump?

Everything is binned as per my usual, almost everything got Pooklet's V2 textures (I usually work with V1), but there is a smidge of Nouk in here, and these are literally all the hairs you said you needed. 

Campaign Trail
Trapping Bohodalicious Bangs F/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
3,460 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Female
Alas, I can't fix alpha issues for you-- I really wish I could.  (And I promise you that's a lady in the pic.  She's just wearing flat-chested chainmaille and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any makeup on.)
SWATCH | TURNAROUND | ALPHA ISSUES
DOWNLOAD

Cheer Up, Kid
Trapping Valentine M/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
12,764 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Male
Most of these hairs are very reasonable in terms of poly count-- all but Cheer Up, Kid and Combed And Clipped are under 5K.  These two, however, are a little bit high for the shape.
DOWNLOAD

Combed and Clipped
Trapping Valentine F/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
12,764 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Male
On the other hand, if they're the shape you need, I hope you enjoy them!
DOWNLOAD

Eat Cake
Jessy Princess/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
Teen-Elder
Female
This was one of those hairs where it took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure out a cute upload name.  This is such a Georgian hair, though.  It's lovely, I'm glad you requested it or I'd never have seen it!
SWATCH | TURNAROUND
DOWNLOAD

Manic Pixie Dream Girl
Trapping Bound Up Bows/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions on hair, CuriousB and Aelia on bows
3,258 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Female
My apologies for the title, but it was all I could think.  And on this one?  On this hair, I got a little carried away.  You have three options-- all of Pooklet's naturals with a white bow, all of Pooklet's naturals with a black bow (CuriousB's Jet), and a set with colorful bows-- CuriousB's Powder with the black hairs, Primrose with brown, Apple Blossom with blond, Meadow with red, Dusk with gray, plus Aelia's Autumn Tomato on the custom Time Bomb.

You can use all three sets with no conflicts.  I kinda feel like I should apologize.
SWATCH | TURNAROUND | BOW COLORS
DOWNLOAD with WHITE BOWS
DOWNLOAD with BLACK BOWS
DOWNLOAD with COLORFUL BOWS

Never Wrong
Trapping 3t2 Bun Loose/Pooklet'd V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
2,670 Polys
Teen-Elder
Female
I'm pretty sure this hairstyle is never actually out of period.
SWATCH | TURNAROUND
DOWNLOAD

Rousing Speech
Trapping Bohodalicious Bangs M/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
3,460 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Male
Despite the alpha issues, I may be hanging on to this one-- thanks for pointing it out to me!  They're minor alpha issues, anyway.
DOWNLOAD

Windblown
Astraea Nevermore Decades/Pooklet V2 textures/Pooklet's actions
6,782 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Male
I like this hair a lot, even if it has a couple of minor issues.  The worst one is that lock of hair that clips right through the ear.  And I guess I was wrong-- this hair is over 5K, too, but considering all the wispy bits, it's not terribly unreasonable.  Your processor may vary!
SWATCH | TURNAROUND | ISSUES
DOWNLOAD

Winning At Everything
Trapping's HCove TSM Shortcurly FtM/Nouk textures/Pooklet's actions
2,686 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Male
Pardon me a moment...

Muahahahahah!

Ahem.  Man, I just love it when I can attack a load of Maxis Failmapping with the Warp tool (and usually also Nouk's waves, as here) and get something shiny and nice.  I hope the curls were what you were hoping for!  This one is staying in my game.
SWATCH | TURNAROUND
DOWNLOAD

Happy belated Valentine's Day!  I hope you have some clearance candy to enjoy while you Sim.

Please let me know if you need any edited links, Mediafire gave me hell over brackets in my filenames and I had to rename everything.  It should all work, but at this point I am not ruling out bad pasta.

Thank you sooooo much Hat! I hope my gift for you is even 1/100th as good as yours was for me!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:25:02 PM by GodLimpingBy » Logged

Milya
Sneak Snake
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Voleste

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:12:39 AM »

Whispers the sweetest person in the world sent my gift really hours after it was gifting time! She was so early and aah. Heart burp I haven't checked them out in game yet because I want to devote my time finishing my own gift for her! But it's fantastic.  Drool

Hello Milya! I'm your Blind Date this year. Smiley Funny, since I used your models for my previews. Grin

There are a few more images than the 10 allowed, so some will be linked! Anywho, here we go.

First up, I recolored some hairs for you. I searched and could not find these in Simgaroop's colors/textures. I hope I didn't overlook them somewhere!

There are four hairs for females and two for males.

Credits for Hairs: Simgaroop, Newsea, Nightcrawler, Ginko, Martini, Mel and Emilia.

Next are 3 sets of floors (a stone floor, a tile floor and a laminate floor).

Stone

Tile

Laminate

Credits for Flooring: Nyren, Shastakiss, CuriousB, Pooklet, Google?

Third are a group of paintings using various Maxis meshes.

Duck In 3 Pieces

The Stodgy Bear (Male)

A-Stroke

Credits for the art: Maxis, Goat, and artist Lisa Audit

And lastly, a whole slew of rugs using various Maxis meshes.

The meshes used are shown in the images, and there are quite a few so I will link all but one.

PREVIEW
PREVIEW
PREVIEW
PREVIEW
PREVIEW
PREVIEW

I wanted to do so much more! I hope you like your gift.  Embarrassed

DOWNLOAD
Alternate Link

Thank you so much Whispers, it's completely awesome!

GodLimpingBy
This wasn't supposed to be a discussion on whether Gregor has a head or not
Grimly Fiendish
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »

Ooh nice flooring, Whispers! I'll be helping myself to those....  Big Grin

NathanialRoyale
Dark
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Nights

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 04:23:43 PM »

So much perf in this thread! Thank you! Cheesy

Zora Graves
never odd or even
Macabre Miscreant

uǝʌǝ ɹo ppo ɹǝʌǝu

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »

I got my gift and I'm all to pieces over it Heart burp

Dear Mickey,
I hope you don't mind being called Zora from this moment, because otherwise I myself will be called Barbie and the only dolls I want to be associated with are my dear simmies.
This year I am your Blind Date and I reallly hope you like what I made for you. It may not be a hundred different objects, but I think you will like it.  Smiley
Why am I still talking? Let's talk about some gifts!

Swatch Underneath Eyeshadow
First of all, I made you some eyeshadows, called Underneath, with a black upperlid and a colored line under the eye. They are based on the face texture of Pyxis Venice skin, so they will blend very well with those skintones. They come in 10 colors.

Swatch Mouseyblue Stain Lips
Next I recolored Mouseyblue's Stain Lips, because it was just a shame there were only 3 colors. There are 22 new colors, amongst which a few in Trapping's skin colors that work very well as natural lips.

Suddenly a bright picture, ah!
Swatch Brick palette l Swatch ACYL palette
The next set includes some brand new brick walls in Voleste's Brick palette and a few colors of CuriousB's ACYL palette. They can be found under Bricks and cost $5.

Swatch Skintones
Before you read any further, click on the link to the swatch and remember that every skin except those with black border are new. Did it? Took a good look? I really wish I could see your face right now.
Before you start counting, I recolored Pyxis' Venice skin in 47 new natural colors. There are 13 in Trapping's colors and 34 in my own colors and every skintone is noticably different from every other skintone. You can get either get them custom or genetized and townified, but not both!
The genetized skins are genetized keeping in mind you have Vanity as S1, Dust as S2, Fermata as S3 and Forest as S4. It is recommended to have those as defaults to prevent babies with skintones that are darker or lighter that logically is posible. (For people who suddenly want to change defaults: S1, S2 and S3, S4)

Inside the download there is a Read Me. Please, in the name of Reaper, read it. There is quite some information you can find there.
I hope you like it!

WARNING: Download is 69.4 MB!
DOWNLOAD

Yours truly,
IaKoa

47 new skintones. 47! And they're all so smooth! I'm so looking forward to making sims with these.
I already swooned in my answer message so I'm gonna spare you all but holy moly, I'm so in awe  Kiss

celebkiriedhel
Gutter Punk

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »

My lovely valentine was Beccabear and they gave me lots of lovely, lovelies! I'm not sure which is my favourite yet - although look at the cheeky cat look - is it not the cheekiest grin ever? 

Hail, Robin! It is I, Mortimer, with some things for you!

To start with, some recolours of some EA Store Art Nouveaulicious pieces! They're done in eleven iCad colours, a swatch of which you can find here as well as in the download. Meshes are included.

Next is the garden you asked for. It's a 3x3 community lot with maybe a few plants. As such, it contains more than a little bit of custom content - please use Clean Installer to install it!

01 | 02 | 03

And finally, to save the best for last: here is a cat. (Everyone wants cats as gifts, right?)

Happy Valentine's Day! Heart burp

shadowfell
Ye Olde Texture Hoarder
Gutter Punk

Go big or go extinct

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 09:50:17 PM »

More Venice skintones?!  I am in heaven! 

Hermit Fox
I also respond to name "digi"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 10:15:20 PM »

My purfect date was "Helena" aka SerenityFall who spoiled me rotten. And since I got the permission to share~

I thought we'd start off the evening with some cute nose freckles:

There's six in total, three that work well on lighter skintones and three that show up on darker skintones. They appear under the blush makeup and are layerable.

Next up on the menu is some cool everyday tops for adults and teens. There's five shirts for males and one shirt for your lovely ladies~

All meshes have both morphs and PSD files are included for recolouring purposes.

And for an evening stroll, two hairs available for all ages and both genders; they both come in pooklet and io naturals and are binned and familied, except for the greys, which are in the custom bin. The Alex's Wig has some small swishy animations.

Download All
I love it all and am having hard time to not go play around with these already because I still need to finish the gift I'm working on first  Embarrassed

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: