Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blind Date 2015 Gifts  (Read 197575 times)
Radio Gnome Invisible
Daft
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »

Chiaroscuro was my blind date, and I am amazed and overjoyed with the mountain of stuff I was made Cheesy

Hello dear Marge/Radio Gnome Invisible!

I have had so much fun creating for you. I feel like I should start out by apologizing, as it isn't as much as I wanted to include. I lost about a week of creating time when I unexpectedly had to replace my computer. That being said, I worked as hard as I could to make up for it and I hope you find something you like Smiley

First off, you said you liked rugs so I made rugs!...and kept making rugs. I made a lot of rugs. The textures and colors are all edited West Elm designs. I tried to pick meshes that don't already have a billion recolors, so five patterns are on the Teen Style Stuff Bullseye mesh and three are on the Apartment Life Patterned Unpredictability mesh.

Everything else was inspired by your description of a grim 70s/80s neighborhood. I read that and immediately thought of the neighborhood I grew up in XD

So I made a 2x2 apartment lot, heavily inspired by the apartments down the street from my childhood home. There are three units: a three bed/two bath upstairs, and downstairs are two single bed/bath units. Each unit is fully furnished and the floorplans are functional and clone tested. It was built in a clean install and contains no CC so you can redecorate however you please. It will require all EPs (which I'm told you have) and probably has stuff from SPs. Clean installer is recommended regardless.

Floor Plan

Next up is walls and floors.

SWATCH

Spanish Revival is a set of walls inspired by my childhood home: a Spanish Revival tract house completed in January of 1970, which had not been remodeled once when my parents bought it in 1994. Here's to you, long forgotten wall panels.

Down to the Studs is a set of walls and floors in weathered wood planks. Walls have horizontal and vertical versions. Comes in all of Trapping's and Aelia's naturals, plus volatile in case you want to mess with the textures.

Last, in my continuing trend of learning at least one new thing for each event I sign up for, I converted Mutske's Aria Living Room 3t2. The pieces seemed really versatile time-period speaking, and I don't *think* it's been done before. I also made a couple of add-on pieces and a few solid recolors. Huge thanks to CuriousB and HugeLunatic for their help with this!

Bookcases have a basegame version and a FT/AL version. GUIDs are the same, so only keep one.

The Loveseat and Sofa have two subsets: Sofa and Pillows

SWATCH 1 | SWATCH 2

It's been great being your date! As always, please let me know if you find any issues. I hope you enjoy your gift, and feel free to share if you would like! Heart burp

Everything is so good, I love every bit! Thank you again so much!

(and now I must run off to get everything photo'd up so I can get around to sending my own gift on time Embarrassed )

LiveJournalSimblr
The Lithium Vortex
Undead

Is there a Doctor in the house?

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »

I love all the gifts so far! <3 Here's mine from Astrid, which is absolutely too glorious not to share. Cool

Sorry it took me so long. Work's been nuts so I wasn't able to finish quite as much as I wanted to.

So to start with, we have two dresses for teen boys on Azaya's sundress mesh, using that ruffly blouse that you see everyone and their mother using. Skirt patterns are from spoonflower.

Then I went a little nuts and did three hairs for you. All have binned naturals and are all ages.

Number one is DavinaOjeda's Kara braids in all of FurbyQ's colors as well as Pooklet's unnaturals. Natural elders go grey. FurbyQ's textures look particularly good on this one.

Davina actually did Pooklet naturals here

Two is recolors of Hat's twists recolor of that basegame long hair. Same colors as above.

Pooklet naturals were done by Hat already Here under "Her Ladyship".

Our final installment is Nouks high ponytail dreads in all the FurbyQ colors. Elders do not go grey, but I can change that if you'd like.

And now it's time for the fun part! The download! CLICK ME!

I hope you all enjoy this gift as much as I will. :'(

I just wanna turn the lights on,
in these volatile times.

chiaroscuro
Gloom Cookie

aka TenLittlePandas

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 09:26:54 PM »

Radio Gnome Invisible was my date and I am deliriously happy with my gift!

Hi 'Marian', or should I say chiaroscuro! I was your blind date, and creating stuff for you was great fun

Real life sneaked up on me in a number of ways, so I didn't quite have time to make everything I really wanted to, and after the mountain of pretties you made for me I feel I can't quite match that volume, but I hope you like my humble gift  Cheesy

First up, you said you like conversions, and clothes for elders who always were a bit sadly neglected, so I decided to raid my collection of downloaded stuff from TS3 for nice clothes for elders to convert and came up with these two tops for EF.

First up is a coat from the seasons EP. It comes with a fatmorph and has been shaped to match the maxis elder female bodyshape so it will match up with bottoms better (the bone assignment was a damn pain though because of this Grin ) There's two variations, one without a patterned texture, and the other with. Both the ones in the preview have the pattern. Each variation comes in eight colours.

NON-PATTERNED SWATCH
PATTERNED SWATCH

Second up is a conversion of 'Soft Blazer' from TS3 EP7 (I have no recollection as to which one that actually is), again for EF only since the bodyshape is that of maxis. It also has a fatmorph, and eight colours.

SWATCH

(in the swatch there's some weird flesh coloured polygons that shouldn't be there around the neck which I removed after spotting them doing the swatch. I'm not sure if they're noticeable but they've been fixed now and should no longer show)

And then more conversions! You said you liked clothes for kids, so I converted my 3t2 generations hoodie for CU. It comes in ten colours. This also has a fatmorph. There's a slight issue around the neck where I need to fix the backfaces, so if I get time in the forseeable future I'll send you an updated version of the mesh with this fixed. The swatch is taken from my original AM conversion but the colours are exactly the same. Unfortunately I didn't get time to make a more realistic texture but I hope you like it nonetheless!

SWATCH

And now for something a little different. You said you liked natural makeup and freckles and the likes, and you can never have enough freckles! So here's a set of freckles I made for you, they're categorised as blushes. There's four types, ranging from subtle to freckles everywhere. Each comes in three shades so they fit as many skintones as possible.

SWATCH

(If I recall correctly, the guy in the preview is wearing freckles 2-2)

And finally, here's a bunch of floor and wall tiles, since you said you liked those, and they're one of my favorite things to create! These all use textures I found around the internet and wrestled with, so I'm hoping they're not overly similar to all the other tiles out there.

Set 1 is a set of large-ish tiles called 'Lifelines'. They come in six colours (including the original texture's yellow), both walls and floors.

SWATCH

Set 2 is a set of slightly weathered, smaller tiles. These ones come in six colours again.

SWATCH

Set 3 is a set of mosaic-like tiles (and this is the one where I really hope this texture hasn't been used before because it required less wrestling to get into wall and floorworthy shape) called 'Beyond' that would probably work pretty well in a bathroom or something. Only four colours this time.

SWATCH

Set 4, called 'Vemod', is more of a mini-set, using marble texture printed tiles. This has three floor tiles, but only two walls since I couldn't get the second texture to make a wall without looking really repetitive and not particularly nice looking.

SWATCH

And finally, almost as something of a bonus, a wall and floor tile combination that I did not expect to work at all but then ended up looking pretty decent in game. Only one colour since after realising it didn't look bad, I found it's really really difficult to recolour something that's almost completely black. Named 'Brian', because it was the only name that would come to mind  Embarrassed

Anyway, that's everything, and I really hope you find something you like! It was really fun making this stuff  Cheesy

If there's anything I forgot to include or anything that doesn't work as expected please don't hesitate to give me a shout, and I'll fix it as soon as I possibly can.

The download link is below, and everything has been compressorised, but if you'd prefer it to be left in an uncompressorised state I'd be more than happy to upload it again if needs be. All swatches are included in the download

DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING

Oh, and happy (belated) valentines day, and feel free to share if you wish  Cheesy

Everything is wonderful. Thank you again, Radio Gnome!

Chiaroscuro (kee-ar-uh-SKYOOR-o). N. The difference between light and dark that makes a two dimensional image appear three dimensional.
My downloads are at my simblr
Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

Beautiful tiles!!! Cheesy

Sevenskellington
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »

My date was with Penguingirl, who made me some AWESOME TSM inspired stuff!  Cheesy

Hello dear Bella (aka Skell),

Happy Valentine's Day! I was really excited when I read your list of wants and saw that you thought recreations of TSM lots would be sweet! I hope that you enjoy these and feel free to share them if you want to.

- Johnny (aka Pen)

Since you said that you like anything related to the TSM religions, the first item is a small conversion of the Peteran and Jacoban Eye of the Watcher Banners. These are recolors of the "Winterblossom" Banner found in the game and have been compressorized. I haven't gotten the hang of color actions yet so they only come in Bella Red. (Special thanks to Antibusdeath who pointed me toward the tutorial for extract TSM textures.)

Next, is a recreation of the mill decoration lot found in TSM, now made liveable! This is a residential lot and contains quite a bit of CC so please install with the clean installer.

Lot:

Source Image:

It features Veranka's animated water wheel and ivy from the Old Stone Mill Set along with a curved stone bridge.

The interior is set up for a single sim to live and conduct the business of grinding grain (I was unsuccessful in my hunt for a the actual grinding wheel).

And finally, I have recreated the Peteran Church for your sims to enjoy! Again this is a residential lot with a ton of CC! It and the mill have been play tested and there shouldn't be any pathing issues.

Lot:

Source Image:

I recreated the church and visible living area and then got creative with the hidden parts of the building. The secondary chapel area has been converted to a dorm-style living area. As a monastery I decided it needed more beds for other sisters and brothers of the faith and the occasionally weary traveler who needed a place to sleep.

I also added a quiet meditation/prayer room for the priest. Finally, there is an additional storage room a few stories up and the bell tower is accessible.

Thank you, Penguingirl! You did an amazing job.

penguingirl
Kindergoth

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:09 AM »

Skell was my blind date and she made me awesome MM clothes for my sims in all the categories where I really needed more options! I can't decide which is my favorite!

Hi ya, "Johnny"! I was assigned to be your blind date and I hope I've come up with some things that you will enjoy.

First off, a new formal dress for TF/AF/EF. It comes in 12 colors.

The rest of this stuff is pinned and repositoried to the Maxis files, so there may (or may not) be some conflict with default replacements. The EP/SP from which the original outfits came is required, and you will find them further back in the catalog with the Maxis clothing. Everything has fat morphs, and the adult files for both genders have pregnant morphs.

Repositoried outerwear separates for TF/AF/EF. I separated the puffy jacket from afbodyjacketduckboots and the pants with boots from afbodysnowbunny The picture above was used with my default replacement for the jackets, but they will pick up whatever default textures you have or the original textures. You can use them as real outerwear! (SSNs required)

Two new tops for TM/AM/EM, an argyle sweater and jacket with scarf. Categorized as everyday and outerwear! (SSNs & OFB required)

And finally, some repositoried jammies for AM made from the basegame male maternity outfit. (BG compatible, but be careful with your defaults!)

Feel free to share these using my image and download links.

DOWNLOAD (mirror)

Thank you so much Skell!
shadowfell
Ye Olde Texture Hoarder
Gutter Punk

Go big or go extinct

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »

Wow, I am loving the TSM lots, Penguingirl!  What a cool idea!

Everyone's gifts are so lovely.  I can't wait to try them out.  Thanks to CuriousB for hosting and to everyone sharing!

Pudding
Kindergoth

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 05:05:01 PM »

My date was ReiraKurenai, and she deserves about twenty Dream Date bouquets for these!

My dear Rowena (Pudding),

It is I, Morticia, your blind date! I have escaped from my dear Gomez's side to deliver a small gift to you as a token of my affection. I hope you find these useful. ^_^

To begin, I have three recolours of Trapping's Ravena Dress to match the three witch/warlock alignments from Apartment Life for your adult and young adult ladies. The mesh is included for your convenience.

Then, I have eight recolours of Skell's Fantasy Dress also to match the three witch/warlock alignments from Apartment Life. The meshes are included for your convenience.

The dress is for adult ladies, young adult ladies and teen girls.

Please note that the teen files are SLAVED to the adult files. You MUST have the adult files in your downloads folder for the teen files to work properly.

We continue with a tankini for adult, young adult and teen ladies using Bosie's Trifle textures. I originally had these set as underwear, but thought they were appropriate as swimwear as well, so they have been set for both categories. It requires no mesh as it uses the base game nude mesh.

Please note that the teen files are SLAVED to the adult files. You MUST have the adult files in your downloads folder for the teen files to work properly.

Now I shall move away from clothing to present some paintings! The first set are a small collection of paintings all featuring witches on the Suspense mesh and Albert's Discordia mesh.

Please note that you will require Apartment Life for the Albert's Discordia mesh. Files are labelled clearly if you wish to delete any.

And last, but not least, carnival themed paintings on the Suspense mesh.

DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING

All the files are compressed. I have included a a text file with all resources used. Also, feel free to share these with the rest of our lovely community.

I shall now return to my Gomez, but know that I shall always remember you for having such excellent taste!  Grin

Much love,
Morticia (ReiraKurenai)

Thank you so much, everything is wonderful Smiley
ReiraKurenai
Grimly Fiendish
Kindergoth

Little Monster

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »

Look at all these beautiful things I received from Pudding! Drool

Onto the gifts! Your list was fantastic, and there was so much more I wish I could have done for you -- but alas, time contraints Sad

First up, some recolours of Rented-Space's Simple Celtic Dress for AF and TF! I had to edit the UV map slightly for the Mi-Parti effect, so just let the included meshes overwrite the originals. Four recolours, swatch included in the download.

Next, some funky headgear, heartily approved of by the Jacoban Church! The two meshes -- both the cone hat and the top hat -- are for both genders teen and up, but only have one recolour each, I'm afraid. The Proxy discourages too many of them, it might give the peasants ideas.

Moving forwards in time to these two TS3 conversions -- one from the Supernatural expansion and one from the store set "Victorian Fahsions". I thought they could be witchy or steampunky, depending on what you pair them with -- four recolours each, swatch included in the download!

And finally an enormous witch hat converted from TSM -- binned, with the original textures. There's a slight transparency issue as you can see from the preview, but it's not terribly noticeable and I hope it doesn't bother you too much!

Download!

These have been a joy to make, you have excellent taste Smiley You are very free to share all of these, humble though they are, and I hope you have as much fun playing with these as I have had in making them.

Love, "Rowena"  Heart burp

I absolutely love everything! Thanks again, Pudding!  Heart burp

kalynn
Gutter Punk

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »

Wow!  I can't believe how many amazing gifts were made this year. I have to say, though, that I hit thejackpot as far as blind dates go. I ended up matched with the talented and generous Minnie aka Shastakiss, and she made me so many wonderful things that I haven't managed to take them all in yet.  I'm actually too overwhelmed to comment, so I'll let her gift speak for itself:

You can has flower I read your wishlist and kind of fell in love immediately which is totally not an awkward way to start our date at all

EhEh And my very next thing to say also won't make you uncomfortable of course but I love children and do you and I've already picked out nursery coordinates with hearts and kitties for our future together. Totally not creepy or anything, I just thought it was a completely appropriate gift on our first date

bedding, bg baby table and crib bedding
pets wicker bed

s3 puddle curtains and ft Isotopia Rugs - swatch
nl Nature's Perfection prints and frames - ginormous swatch

pets value bed
a very plain birdie toy for your woods witch's familiar
bv Travelkeeper posters with antique Dutch garden plates
Tinhouse's hall stand as working coat rack

bg colonial window (eight shutters and one frame recolor)
windkeeper's Long Island doors
phoenix_phaerie's Manor Garden lighting in yeti metals

I also made some walls and floors, a few are seen above. They're a little worn and I really hope they'll suit both poorer and richer households and also colonial and contemporary neighborhoods at the same time. The moulding is inspired by interior shots of Mt. Vernon but it looks suspiciously like my other moulding. Apparently I just like this kind of woodwork oops

collection folder
painted walls i - painted walls ii - mixed walls - wood swatch and floors

Rebecah's toddler picnic table

ofb kites

skell's Mrs. Claus hat-as-accessory in white and off-white

I slaved the streetlamp and path light to phoenix_phaerie's pendant light and added slots to the hall tree and toddler table. Everything wooden is done in eight colors using Goat's texture (see above swatch).

I've saved the best for last! During my stalking research, I saw where you mentioned a period-appropriate all-in-one bathroom. I also saw NixNivis listed as one of your favorite creators (one of the reasons I fell for you so quickly). I put two and two together and asked them if they'd like to collaborate and they generously said yes! They are so talented and fun to work with! Thisbe, if things don't work out between us, I'm going to try and date Nix, just sayin'

The "Smells Like Roses" Outhouse (10 bladder 10 hygiene 10 comfort) - swatch
I could write a little book about it and all the features that Nix tweaked and finessed and how fun it was to play-test but I'll let you enjoy the surprises. So I'm ending our date with an unbelievably romantic outhouse, I'm very thoughtful like that.

download everything - alternate (all meshes included with thanks)

I had the absolute best time making your gifts! Please feel free to share if you like, you're welcome to use my images and links above or here is a mediafire folder with individual sets. There's also a read-me with links and credits and sincere thanks Embarrassed
miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2015, 09:10:18 PM »

Shasta, if it doesn't work out with either Kalynn or Nix, I'll date you!  This is awesome!

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »

Ha ha miros okay!

Y'all! I just got my gifts from kalynn and I am ALL TO PIECES  I don't know how or when they figured out it was my wishlist but I'm so glad they did because then they went off and found little things I'd mentioned here and there and made them for me so perfectly eeee I am completely mushy about everything *happy crying*

My dear Minnie, I feel kind of like the quiet kid who somehow landed a date with the hottest kid in school.

I had big plans but had some issues so scaled back a bit. I hope you will like the things I managed to finish. I will admit to having engaged in some stalking research of your past wishlists. I couldn't find that any of these things had been made, so I took a chance.

Our theme today is love through the seasons, so I thought we'd start in Spring, a good time to fall in love. It's also a time when hearts often trump heads when it comes to decision making.  In that spirit, I offer hearts your sims can float over their heads in the form of the maxoid-made heartband as an accessory for all.

These work with some hairs more than others, but they should be fairly versatile.

Next, we move to summer. 

Summer tends to involve getting together with friends and family, so I have a set of Maxis-Match siblings to share. They are actually born-in-game sims, and I've included a file with a little about their history and their individual personalities.

You also said you might like a concrete floor, so I made a concrete blend in your Yeti palette. It would make a lovely surface for patios and other summery outdoor spaces as well as interior rooms.

As summer draws to a close, we move to autumn when the kids start going back to school. Since I heard that you might be interested in certain Charterzard children's outfits made into separates, I separated them. 

There are three new meshes here, three bottoms and one alpha top.  There are three alphas of the top mesh.  You said you didn't want more than four choices for each clothing item, so I had a dilemma.  I settled on four colors of each outfit, but I'd be happy to make others if you'd prefer different options. I named the files to match Charterzard's names. Note that a few of the names of the playground set dresses are off.

As Autumn draws to a close, the days grow shorter and cooler, so I thought your teen through elder ladies might appreciate some warm clothes.

This set includes recolors of Sentate's top-only Catherine jumper by Trapping. I did an elder mesh conversion and made a slight tweak to Nekosayuri's teen mesh (the original was great the way it was; I just made it more relaxed because a looser fit means it clips less; the recolors will work with either version). There are four options in  subtle gradients using the cool side of the Yeti palette.  Two have images I thought you might appreciate.

I paired these sweatshirts with tights and the DMC boots I liberated from Amaryll's new 3t2 mesh.  Here is a better view of those.

Both sweatshirts and tights have separate texture files, so all the ages can share textures without requiring you to keep a particular age.

Download It All

Folder With Individual Sets

Whew!  I had the best time making your presents, and I hope you enjoy them. Please let me know if there are any issues, so I can fix them.  Please feel free to share as you wish.  There is more info in the readme file, and the folders contain swatches where appropriate.

I've already written an incredibly gushy note but thank you again, kalynn, for making such incredibly thoughtful and beautiful gifts that I already love! And thank you, CuriousB for hosting the event and matching me up with a dream date  thanks
Astrid
Wayward Victorian
Undead

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »

My lovely date was The Lithium Vortex (Lily) and they spoiled me so rotten!  Cheesy

Finally, I am here! Let's get this party started! Cheer

I converted AroundTheSims' Guitar Player's Den for TS3 to TS2. You can see more items in the set in the above link. Smiley Recolours are included. And I converted AikeaGuinea's "Sordid" from TS3 to TS2, no recolours (sorry!!). All meshes are included.
Credits: AikeaGuinea/ClubCrimsyn, AroundTheSims3

I made ModishKitten's studded combat boots as bottom-only unisex for children-adults (converted 3t2 by eir-sims), only one colour. Mesh included.
Credits: Amaryll, eir-sims, ModishKitten

I converted all of Alexelus' 4+1 outfits to TF. Mesh included. All have fat morphs except for the dress with the black bow.
Credits: Alexelus, Lianasims, Spoiled-Kitten, Tomang, VicVic616

I converted eir-sims' Gelydh bondage pants with 3t2 ModishKitten studded combat boots to TF and TM. Smiley TF has a fat morph. Mesh included.
Credits: eir-sims, Gelydh/ClubCrimsyn, ModishKitten

I hope you had a great valentine's day, and if so, I hope this gift was as good as your valentine's day. Smiley It was definitely fun making this gift for you, and I had a great time to explore new attempts and stuff. I hope you enjoy and can make use of these, cheers!

Now excuse me while I build some kinda amazing rock club!

quiltlover
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »

Awesome gifts everyone!!  Thank you for sharing.
YanderePlum
Undead

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

My Date was the passionate Gomez, aka Queen of France who made me really cute stuff that i'm already palcing on my download folder to fire up my game and test it!!  And best part is i've permission to share them!

Intardnet

Bigger preview

For starters, gradient recolors of these patched sweaters by Amaryll, using CuriousB colors. The elbow patches are CuriousB'd too, and each sweater has its own unique ones!
They're available for AF and categorized as Everyday, Sleepwear, and Outwerwear. Mesh included.

DOWNLOAD

Second off, a set of 8 wallpapers in Shasta's colors, using my supernatural stencils. They cost 10$.

DOWNLOAD

And lastly, a 2x1 residential house, playtested and cc-free! It's got one bathroom and one bedroom, though the upstairs is pretty spacious and could easily fit one more.

Previews: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

DOWNLOAD

Everything in one file: DOWNLOAD

And the textures and .psds for recoloring: DOWNLOAD

There you go! I hope you found something you can use. <3 Feel free to share them, if you'd like! Happy Valentines!

Mind if i fangirl a bit? because i seriously love the sweaters and already have in mind who will be living on that house-it comes perfect for him!  (Muahahaha)

Thank you very much sweetie <3 <3 *hugstightagain* Sorry!

And now you all will excuse me but my game loaded and i have new pretties to play with  Run Away!

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: