Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: [Granted] Recolour of Omicron-Simtauri space sky  (Read 5746 times)
katzouchka
Gloom Cookie

« on: July 26, 2015, 06:23:55 AM »

Hello! I need help recolouring the wonderful space sky mesh at Omicron-Simtauri (template here) with the photograph below. I have no experience with object recolours and my first attempt today was a miserable failure. I'm hoping someone with more experience can do this faster and more successfully.

The photographer has a generous 6105 x 2358 original image available for download on the flickr page.

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:28:40 PM by shastakiss » Logged

Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »

I'll give it a go after my CiJ stuff is sent off -- maybe later today. Still making those endless swatches and taking pics and fixing things I didn't like when I was taking pics.

I think it's just a matter of turning that huge pic into a use-able square. I know I have the mesh and recoloring stuff in a project folder with some other skies.

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
katzouchka
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:56:49 AM »

Oh, thank you! I understood as much that the photo had to be cropped, and I'm not terribly picky about having it all in the recolour. I'd guess a left and centre bias for cropping? Anyway, I trust your call. Smiley

Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten this. I was going to finish up and take pics last night after dinner but I fell asleep until 6:30 this morning.
Sheesh, speak of being tired, huh?

edit:
I have the hood done (four versions of it  to see what diff parts of the original pic looked like) and they all work and look fine.
But whenever I go to a lot and put the lot one down, I get nothing. The sky is only showing the space sky in neighborhood view when the hood object is in place. Go to a lot, nothing. Put the lot object on the lot, nothing. Tried it with and without hood objects in game and no space sky shows up on lots either way. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to pm psychosim and see if she can help me figure out why the lots don't show the space sky either way.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:25:12 PM by shastakiss » Logged

katzouchka
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »

Oh no! Thank you for keeping me posted. I hope the solution is straightforward.

shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

Deatherella, double-posting is not allowed and I merged your posts for you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:46:39 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 02:09:06 AM »

I keep telling myself to post the finished product and keep getting distracted. This is a hood and lot recolor of the section of the original pic you had said you would like.
Pyschosim kindly pm'd me back when I asked her for help figuring out why the lot version wasn't showing -- I didn't have my lot view set to max. Once I changed that, the lot recolors showed up beautifully.

This is the hood object during daytime.

This is the lot object recolor at night.

I made three other ones. I shifted more to the right  for two and the last one is the far right side of the pic. I have to zip them up and then I'm going to send links to Psychosim so she can put them on her space site.

You can download V1 HERE.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:41:00 PM by Deatherella » Logged

katzouchka
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 12:29:48 AM »

Thank you so much, Deatherella! It looks just as I'd hoped! Smiley

MissMuppett
Mother of two, and the Sims make three xD
Kindergoth

She is NOt a Hobbit!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 07:21:31 AM »

I'm awestruck!!!!
labellavienna
Doll House Fiction
Gloom Cookie

I don't know why...it feels so GOOD to be gangster

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »

This is absolutely beautiful!! Do i drop these into my downloads folder? How does one install this?

nat
Undead

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:02:13 AM »

Yes, you put them in downloads folder. They are two objects - one is a neighbborhood deco, the other a lot deco. You have to place them manually, they are just a big decoration shaped like a sphere, big enough to work as a sky Smiley

InfectedWithSims
Kindergoth

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 08:44:24 PM »

No way This is beautiful!
 I can't seem to find the sky deco for the lot. Is there a certain place (like misc) or item that I should look for?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:04:25 PM by InfectedWithSims » Logged

Hey! How are you? Is it possible...Ohhhh look a squirrel!
shastakiss
Overseer
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »

InfectedWithSims, I think you need psychosim's space sky mesh from here? I'm not sure if there's a later (improved?) version somewhere though since he mentions not to start recoloring it yet. Maybe pinko or Deatherella will see our comments and clarify   Smiley

pinkosim
aka psychosim
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »

Yes yes, that's the one. All further information to make it work should be there. Except please make sure that your viewing distance is set to max in the graphics menu, else you won't see the space sky because it's so big. I should add that to my post.

Shasta, I said not to start recoloring yet because I had a template to share, which I did about a week later in February 2014 (gosh, time flies). I should probably just change that bit to a link ... Grin Don't tell me you have been holding back with recolours all this time because of that! Oops

"One cannot develop taste from what is of average quality but only from the very best." - Goethe
Your dedication is inspiration for my dedication.
- Livejournal - latest: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
- Grungy cars - latest: 1977 VW Type 2 two-tones
InfectedWithSims
Kindergoth

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »

Thanks for the further information shasta, I'll try the mesh the pinkosim has posted on his page. Deatherella pointed out that the lot sky deco should be under lights/misc. It's just odd that I can find the neighborhood sky but not the lot sky for some reason or other.  Sad So now I'll try the mesh the pinkosim has on his sight which is said to be located in lights/misc too.

Hey! How are you? Is it possible...Ohhhh look a squirrel!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: