Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Makeover the sim above you  (Read 132578 times)
Queen of France
Gloom Cookie

Big Yard Dudes Inc.

« on: July 24, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »

I've been spending a lot of time on Flight Rising, and there's a type of forum game I really enjoy there - basically, everyone does something for the person who posted right before them. I thought it would be fun to do that here!

The rules:

- Pick a sim by the person whose post is currently the newest, give them a makeover, and share pictures with everyone!
- Include a link to sims you'd like the next person to makeover - either your general sim downloads tag, or a specific sim or two. Please make sure the download links are readily available, so people don't have to hunt them down!
- If there's some details about the sim you want to share (they'd never wear pink, they always have long hair, etc), go ahead, but make sure you leave the next person enough freedom for them to have fun.
- You can reserve a spot, if you wish - just edit the post later on with your makeover; but please don't reserve if you know you won't be able to do it within 1-2 days, so that nobody gets forgotten and left out of the game. Please make sure to state clearly that you're reserving the spot to avoid confusion, and link to your sim downloads, to keep the game going!
- Also, please don't have more than one reserved post at a time! The forum is small. We'll see. You'll look like a jerk.
- For the purposes of the game, every post that doesn't include a link to the poster's sim downloads/makeover pictures isn't playing the game, and is just commenting.
- EDIT YOUR RESERVE POSTS, don't double-post! If you, for example, reserve a post on page 1, then post the makeover on page 2, it makes it look like you're the latest participant, and the person before you gets skipped.

That's pretty much it! To kick it off, I'll make-over a sim by the first person who posts a link in this thread. Hope everyone has fun!

EDIT:
The thread is getting a bit unwieldy - I underestmated how easy it is to lose track of which post is last., I apologize. From now on, if you're participating, please paste this button in your post:

Code:
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/56227884fdfa1023795f273f5acc22d0/tumblr_oaxjempitS1qfx28do1_250.png[/img]

This will make it easier to find who's currently playing and who's just commenting, even when taking a quick glance at the thread. Sorry for the confusion!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:33:10 AM by shastakiss » Logged

Amalia
will always be a
Macabre Miscreant

Insert witty quote here.

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 10:16:07 PM »

Ooooh, what a fun idea! Cheesy I'll go first:

I did a 30 day sim challenge a while back and CC-free versions of them can be downloaded at my simblr. I also made a handful of sims for the founder's day event back in January. So take your pick!

(If you choose Jordan from the founder's day post, make sure he has long hair. Smiley)

Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark.
Queen of France
Gloom Cookie

Big Yard Dudes Inc.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 11:19:54 PM »

I picked Nicole Holloway! I was dying to use those shorts on a sim, and she seemed like a good fit. Cheesy Hope you like it! (sorry the pics are so small, I took a glance at the rules and mistook the signature pic width for the inline picture width, then saved, closed, and went "huh, that looks tad too small".)

My sim download link is here; it's 3 pages long. I'd really enjoy seeing a makeover of Rosie or Pola, but I'm not insisting on either of them. Smiley

cassis
Gutter Punk

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:39 AM »

I madeover this cute girl of yours! I know she was a request, so perhaps she's not too close to your heart but I liked her look and wanted to give female sims a try. I gave her kind of a retro look - I hope you like!

As for my sims, there's Takanori, Kiyoharu, Eliot, and Yukari. Take your pick! All I ask is that you keep their hair color and length relatively consistent, but, other than that, get creative!!

Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 07:11:13 AM »

I love this idea! Is it all right to reserve a spot in the thread? I'm set to give one of Cassis' lovable pixel dolls a mekeover, but I'm not firing up my game until later today.

In the meantime, so as not to clog the board and to keep the game rolling, anyone who is interested can take a look at my shared sims tag at Tumblr and pick a sim of their liking to makeover! No special instructions on my end, feel free to get as creative with the makeovers as you want. Wink

EDIT: I picked Kiyoharu as my model of choice, and seeing how the man is a rock musician in real life, I decided to give his pixel incarnation a rockier look too! I hope you like it, Cassis. ^_^

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:26:48 PM by Esotheria_D. » Logged

Time Paradox
Undead

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 08:23:42 AM »

Oooh I want to give this a shot! And since my game takes a while to load, I hope it's okay that I reserve a spot as well. As for my sims, I have a few uploaded at Tumblr, since there's no specific tag I'll just leave some links here.

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

EDIT: I picked Sybille and sort of... gave her a more sunny disposition Tongue I hope that's alright.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:20:08 PM by Time Paradox » Logged

Queen of France
Gloom Cookie

Big Yard Dudes Inc.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 09:34:48 AM »

Esotheria_d., I guess there's no problem with reserving posts! The forum moves slowly enough that I doubt a lot of people will lose their posts/forget about their turn. I'll add a rule about that in the first post.

Marvel Ann
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 02:42:44 PM »

So if I understood it correctly I get to make over one of timeparadoxsims, right? Nice.

I picked this one: pretty sure he's my favourite out of all your sims.

As for mine... well, my download tag is a bit clogged with premades spawns, but I think they're recognizable? In case they aren't, I'd really love to see a makeover of either of these

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
nintendolover13
Professional Sassmaster
Macabre Miscreant

Ally Cat

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »

By makeover is it pretty much just changing up makeup,genetics+eyebrows, and clothes but keeping the general faceshape? I might jump in when I'm finished with Secret Santee stuff but skip me this round! I'm curious by what "makeover" means for this game Smiley

Time Paradox
Undead

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »

Marvel Ann, I love what you've done with him Cheesy

cassis
Gutter Punk

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

Esotheria D, you've done an amazing job! It's so neat because it's not what I would do, but I love the look nonetheless. And I'm thrilled that you know who Kiyoharu is too.

Time Paradox, wow, you managed to turn one sim into a completely different character with styling alone! Color me impressed.

Marvel Ann, he cleans up so well under your touch! For once I'm really digging the facial hair.

Amalia
will always be a
Macabre Miscreant

Insert witty quote here.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 09:18:23 PM »

Queen of France, I love what you did with Nicole! What a cutie!

Everyone else's makeovers are fantastic, but Astraea, you deserve a special mention for your makeover of my dear Alexander. I already said basically the same thing over on tumblr, but your rendition of him is simply smokin'.

I'll jump in once I get done with my CIJ stuff, but for now, I'm calling dibs on Esotheria's lovely Saturnine because black hair + green eyes = drool.

EDIT: And, as promised...here he is! His facial hair and scars already looked perfect, but otherwise I went to town. To me, he totally had 'rocker' written all over him. Grin Hope I did him justice!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:30:21 PM by Amalia » Logged

Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark.
Queen of France
Gloom Cookie

Big Yard Dudes Inc.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »

Nintendolove: yeah, you can change everything but the sim's facial structure. Smiley

Esotheria_D., I really dig that second pic!

(Amalia, you forgot to include a link to your sim tag in the latest post!)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:12:40 PM by Queen of France » Logged

The Path Of Nevermore
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 08:01:25 AM »

I love this game!  So many awesome makeovers!

Also, I'd like to reserve a spot.
Will post a makeover of Amalia's gorgeous Alexander Lance Smiley

Edit: ready!  Big Grin Hope you'll like it!

Although I loved his original hair, I couldn't resist trying even longer hair on him. I'm hopeless, I know.

I don't have a whole lot of sims up for download, but here you can find my uploaded guys on Tumblr and here is a horribly outdated TS2 version of my baby Aaron!  Big Grin No special rules, feel free to go wild!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:23:20 AM by Astraea Nevermore » Logged

Esotheria_D.
Lost in translation
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »

Queen of France, aw, Nicole turned out adorable! I think she and sim!Kiyoharu could start a great (if very mismatched) band together.
Cassis, I'm really digging the cutesy retro look on her! And I'm happy to hear you liked my makeover as well! ^_^ I won't pretend that I know all that much about jrock, but to be fair, I was just looking for an excuse to dress a sim in leather. Tongue
Timeparadox, it's more than just alright - your makeover of Sybille is simply stunning! I wouldn't have believed it, but the sunny hippie look suits her incredibly well.
Marvel Ann, hot damn! From apocalypse survivor to 50's heartthrob in a few short clicks... not that I'd ever put it past you to accomplish such a thing (and having a good base to work with certainly helped, I imagine).

Amalia, I can't wait to see how you'll transform my 'Saturnine'! But hang on guys, I think we skipped someone - who's making over Marvelann's sim? I'll be happy to take it on myself (we can just pretend that I posted this message a few posts earlier), and since Amalia already promised to take on one of my sims, it's ok to skip me now and consider Astraea's post the last one in the thread. Ringmaster (a.k.a. Queen of France), is that all right?

EDIT: I picked Marvelann's Sophia to makeover. Don't ask why, but my first thought upon seeing her was 'brunette Mia Wasikowska'... so I just kind of decided to roll with that and see how much 'Mia Wasikowska' I could make the sim look without actually changing any of her features. I think I did pretty well?  

NOTE: I am currently NOT PARTICIPATING. Please skip my post and pick one of Astraea's sims to makeover instead. Wink
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:15:29 PM by Esotheria_D. » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: