Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - Gift Sharing!  (Read 79483 times)
Jessy
drown me in sorrow
Macabre Miscreant

hollow as the promises of yesterday

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »

Wow! I'm blown away by the talent of our lovely simmers. What fun gifts so far. And as always, thanks so, so much to the Santas and Santees in being very generous and sharing it all. Heart burp

tumblr livejournal dreamwidth

*a lot of my dropbox links aren't working, i will slowly work on fixing them but if you have a certain thing you want, please pm me*
basically on a hiatus at this point, but you can always message me for anything
decat
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »

@SadoAlice, you seem to have posted the wrong link- I would love to download TFW's gift to you!
Mrs_MQuve
The Devil's Daughter
Macabre Miscreant

has my soul

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 08:56:46 PM »

Here's a little stocking stuffer for everyone - 10 recolors of Rented-Space's 3t2 Haylie Hoodie Dress.

DOWNLOAD
AF | TF | EF
TF (Repositoried) | EF (Repositoried)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:00:21 PM by Mrs_MQuve » Logged

Dreamwidth | Tumblr | Pillowfort | Simblr.cc | My GoS Index
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
SadoAlice
Elegant Victorian Lady
Undead

Ai shiteru yo, Vivi ashita ni nareba

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 09:35:45 PM »

@SadoAlice, you seem to have posted the wrong link- I would love to download TFW's gift to you!

Thanks for the heads up! I've fixed the link in the original post Smiley
Becca
aka beccabear
High Priestess
Macabre Miscreant

and Andrey isn't here

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 07:42:17 PM »

Everyone has shared wonderful, and thoughtful, gifts so far! Heart burp I'm excited to see what everyone else gets!

I have a little stocking stuffer: ten acrylic paintings by Kate Jackson on Shoukeir's Painting 16 mesh, which is included, along with the swatch.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:22:41 AM by beccabear » Logged

lunacress
Gloom Cookie

a trenchcoat of lizards

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »

Eeee! I just got my gift from the darling and wonderful simserenity! It is just so perfect I cannot stop smiling. Going to get so much use out of all of this. Thank you!

Hi Lunacress! I was your secret santa this year Smiley I hope you've had a happy christmas, my gifts for you are a bit late but I hope you'll like them anyway!

Let's start with the first thing I made for you : an accessory conversion of the Maria Flower Crown from TS4 'Dia de los muertos' update.
It comes in 26 colors, and it is avaible for children up to elders in both genders ! I hope you will like the colors, I include some nice bright colors and some "autumn" colors too because it's a flower crown so it needed a less brighten palette too I think. ^^

The second gift I made for you are these pantless bottoms with the Witch Boots from AL. It's only avaible for AF. There is 6 different tight choises and 3 different colors for the boots. You can wear them with top-only dresses, which I'm going to let a directory link here in case you want to find new ones: click here!

I also decided to retexture some hairstyles for you. I made a preview picture but since it is too large, you can click here to see the hairs I made for you Smiley

I use your Pooklet+Furbyq texture blend (V2) and followed your swatches info in order to create the colors.
I've binned : Dynamite+Caim+Sunspot+Red+SmokeBomb. The files associated to this family are the ones with an "a" (example: "(...) Lunacress) - a1").
Second family is: LandMine+Galaxy+Volatile+LightRed+MailBomb. The files associated are the ones with a "b".
Also the numbers correspond to a different color: 1 is black, 2 is brown, 3 is blond, 4 is red and 5 is grey (only available for elders).

The files with a "c" are the custom colors. I also did a "Twist" version for each hair.

I'm not an expert for gradient hair colors. So I decided I wasn't going to do them, but instead, I included the PSDs files so you can use the Volatile base to do whatever your want to do with it. Smiley

---

And that's it! I hope you'll enjoy my gifts for you, and I wish you the best for 2017 Big Grin HAPPY HOLIDAYS Wink

I would like to appologise if I made any mistakes in my message, english is not my native language (I wish it was! Roll Eyes )

Latmos
Kindergoth

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 12:18:59 PM »

@lunacress, I'm glad you liked my gifts Cheesy

I've received mine too, and I love them so much!! Thanks @littlelittlesimmies, I'm so existed to try them out, specially the paintings Heart burp

Hi simserenity ! I was your Secret Santa this year !

I'm giving you three gifts for Christmas. They are all based on Maxis Meshes so you won't need any extra files :-)

1. Teen Male PJs !

They are recolors of a base game everyday clothing, with alpha edit of the sandals to make barefeet

Download :    http://simfileshare.net/download/144309/

2. Teen Female PJs !

They are recolors of the Yoga sportswear that I thought might look good as PJs because of the barefeet

Download :    http://simfileshare.net/download/144308/

3. Paintings with artworks of the Goth Family
as you said you like this family more that the others and wanted things related to them ! Artworks are from : http://matthoworth.tumblr.com

This recolor of a Base Game wall hanging includes two frame recolors separated from the fabric. So you can mix and match them with any other recolor you already have

Download :   http://simfileshare.net/download/144310/

I also used the same artworks to recolor a Glamour wall hanging. No frame recolor this time.

Download : http://simfileshare.net/download/144311/

I hope you'll like them !

Thank you Cheesy
InfiniteIterations
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »

The gifts I received are super cute, y'all!  I confess, I have loved that radio since LDG released it.

Hey there Infiniteiterations, I was your Secret Santa this year! I hope you'll enjoy my modest selection of gifts (I'm afraid I did have more in progress, but got a wonderful Christmas flu that made things tricky).

Nonetheless, I've made you some recolours as well as some walls for your sims to enjoy. The recolours are in a palette I smushed together from Poppet's True Romance and Shasta's Yeti colours:

I recoloured a flask and a typewriter by Nemestaya for your hipster-y sims, two lamps by Veranka and a vintage radio by Livingdeadgirl. Meshes and previews are included in the file.

You mentioned liking IKEA and Scandinavian design, so I did my best to clean up an image of a fabric currently sold at IKEA in their VINTER 2016 collection and slap it onto a wallpaper for you, along with a plain colored panel if you wish to alternate them. Forgot to include a better preview, sorry!

Download it all here: http://simfileshare.net/download/152069/

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a delightful new year to come!

Thank you, Caliby!  Happy holidays to you, too!

Whispers
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »

Coool gifts, y'all! Cheesy

miros
Face Collector
Macabre Miscreant

Face Collector

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 06:09:41 PM »

Everything is lovely!  I feel like a dork for not making a stocking stuffer.

What doesn't kill you gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms and a morbid sense of humor.

Dragons are incubating
notdissimilar
Kindergoth

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 05:34:13 AM »

Hey there, I have a tiny stocking stuffer that I've had in my WIP folder for ages (I originally made it for a monthly event but never finished or got round to posting.). I have done 9 different poster designs featuring some Pleasantville ladies as singers/rockers on 6 different poster sizes - Bella Squared, Grilled Cheese, Inverted Vertigo, It's Reggae 'Mon, Red vs Blue and the Lone Daisy.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm too busy to load up my game to take good preview pictures (the ones before were really half hearted and bad ...) but I've tested them in game and made a swatch instead.

Download here
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:59:05 PM by notdissimilar » Logged

dark_moon
Grimly Fiendish
Undead

"Weird works for me."

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 03:46:37 PM »

My gift is sent and now I can share the wonderful gift from my Secret Santa the Amazing Almighty Hat! Everything is wonderful and I will place all my new pretties on my game.

Look at it all, lots, geeky baby clothes and hairs!. I got totally spoiled this year.

Happy Holidays, Dark_moon, it is I, your Secret Santa, Almighty Hat!

I'm really proud of that title card, I feel like it turned out fantastically-- the moon cooperated beautifully.

In your post and your hints letter, you said you don't like building lots, so I said, "I can build lots!"

TOP VIEW, ROOF ON | TOP VIEW, ROOF OFF | TOP VIEW, HOUSE LAYOUT | INTERIOR "PRIVACY" | INTERIOR "HEARTH" | INTERIOR "CHIMNEY"

From your pictures on tumblr, your Medieval game is heavily peasant-based, as these things should be, so here's a nice peasant roundhouse (with a fancy roof because non-fancy roofs don't go down low enough to look peasanty) as a starter home.  It's a modest home, suitable (and affordable) for a single Sim or a small family, complete with all of life's absolute necessities cordoned off by floor dividers for the illusion of privacy.  (This is legitimately historical; what we consider modern privacy wasn't really a thing until the late 1500s and the invention of the chimney.  Before then, whenever possible everybody in the household ate, slept, washed, peed, and, um, woohoo'd in the same big room, because that's where the fire was, so that's where it wasn't freezing.)  Outside you have plots of dirt enough to easily organize your Seasons crops (no trees, those are expensive) and a little bit of space to expand as your Sims move forward in life-- build a pigsty outside, build a loft and make an upstairs, it's your hovel now, do whatever you please with it.

It's custom-content free, so the decorating is ridiculous.

Seriously, please consider this a nice shell to re-do with your favorite Medieval content.

Swap out the green oven in the middle of the room for a nice deco fire and cookpot stove, replace the cheap Maxis furniture with some cheap custom furniture, put in a pantry instead of a mini-fridge, replace the packed-dirt floors with something more fun, tear out the Maxis plots and plant Sun & Moon crops.  It's a starter!  Do what you will with it.

TOP VIEW, ROOF ON | TOP VIEW, ROOF OFF | SALES FLOOR | RESTROOMS | BREAK ROOM, VIEW 1 | BREAK ROOM, VIEW 2

It's the tiniest shop!  Okay not really the tiniest, it's on a 1x3 lot, though, so, pretty tiny!  Again, there's no custom content, so everything I've tossed in there is basically a layout suggestion.  (I have played a shop built very similar to this, though, it's a nice size for an OFB business-- maybe it'll help in your BACC?)

Anyway, what you have is a nice-sized main room with plate-glass windows to entice window-shoppers, plenty of room to shop, socialize, and stand in line for the cash register.  Lots of shelves, but since they're Maxis shelves they're just not that cute. Naturally there are restrooms, but I also made sure to give your employees a nice break room-- they can grab something to eat from the fridge, nap on one of the secondhand-looking couches, play a game of darts, or just... sit, for a while, in a room where no one is complaining at them.

I feel like the decor in this one worked out better than the peasant hut, but again-- redecorate the heck out of it.  (The log arch and windows were an attempt to show it can be Medieval if it needs to be.)  It's small, it's simple, and it's easy to customize it to your neighborhood's needs.

TOP VIEW, ROOF ON | TOP VIEW, ROOF OFF | TOP VIEW, GROUND FLOOR
EXTERIOR STREET VIEW | EXTERIOR COURTYARD GRILLS
STUDENT LOUNGE 1 | STUDENT LOUNGE 2 | STUDENT LOUNGE 3
STUDY HALL 1 | STUDY HALL 2 | STUDY HALL 3
DINING HALL 1 | DINING HALL 2
DORM ROOM SAMPLE | STUDENT WASHROOM

This one, I'm actually really proud of!  It's a contemporary dorm, which you mentioned needing (my attempt at an apartment building didn't go over as well as I wanted it to)... but as I've never actually lived in a dorm, it might be on the 'luxury' side of things, especially downstairs.

Anyway, you have room for eight students who each get a 3x6 bedroom, with bed, window, blinds, and dorm door included.  One bedroom has some other furniture in it as sort of a placement idea, but I figured I should let your Sims express their individuality through buying their own cheap IKEA furniture.  You have two communal washrooms with toilet stalls, sinks, mirrors, and showers, and if you want to gender-restrict your dorm it wouldn't be hard to pull down some wall and delete the door you don't want.  And that's it for upstairs, besides what feels like an unusually wide hallway.

A double-set of staircases brings you downstairs, where you have a student lounge full of fun or skill-building or fun skill-building things, lots of space to socialize, and another set of bathrooms-- just restrooms, this time, because you never know who's going to show up on a college lot, or how many friends they're going to bring into your house.  

If instead you need a quiet place to study, there's a room for that, too!  Outfitted with nice bookshelves, cheap tables and chairs, two comfy sofas, and the cheapest computers money can buy, the mini-library is a nice, quiet place to do assignments, study for class, write term papers, or just goof around checking your email for a while.

The fully-equipped dining hall actually turned out really nice (okay, the rubber floor is weird, but I thought it was a pretty color).  Naturally it has a Shiny Tyme cooktop, so someone who reliably won't start fires can feed your hungry students and whoever else shows up starving, but after hours a student can always cook a full meal, if they know how to cook something more nutritious than macaroni and cheese.  For ease of cleanup, there's a dishwasher and trash compactor.  And plenty of seating for dorm residents, their friends, and half the neighborhood.

Outside, we're obviously trying to impress people.  You walk up to the entrances over a paved courtyard, edged with low box hedges and stargazer lilies-- which do have sprinklers easily accessible, so no worries about your students ever having to water flowers, or never being able to find broken sprinkler heads.  Two birch trees provide shade and frame a square, modern fountain.  For something to actually do outside, your students have their choice of grilling out, playing chess, or having a rousing half-court game of basketball.

You will have to enter the changelotzoning dorm cheat yourself.  This is deliberate, so it's easy to edit things if you want to move some walls around or build a third floor with more bedrooms (I originally had one, it looked really good, and then I said "These bedrooms are way too big and I don't know if dark_moon LIKES playing with sixteen Sims on one lot.")

Some weird lot caveats overall:  For some reason, I couldn't open my Misc/Misc category (I think it's a CEP issue, maybe a mod issue; there was some folder-juggling going on to make sure I only used Maxis content and wasn't tempted by custom stuff), so none of these lots have trash cans, and the dorm also doesn't have an interior sprinkler system.  I left space for them where it seemed logical, but just so you know.

Also, I have Niol's roof shaders installed, so these roofs in your game might not look like they do in my screenshots.

Okay, so that's lots.

Next, you said you were a fan of anything with 'Star' in the title, and also that you needed baby clothes.  I had some grand ambitions... that I didn't totally meet.  Also the cutest graphics I found weren't actually in your fandom, but we'll get there.  

R2-D2 costume by TheWishingElephant on Etsy, applied to a basic tee-and-hat outfit by Theraven.  The hat was horribly mangled, as it's mirrored side-to-side rather than front-to-back.  (This foiled my plans to give you a BB-8 baby.)  The Artoo hat works best with either no hair or very low-profile hairs, if you're the sort of person who uses infant hairs.

The Chewbacca onesie uses graphics from a mass-produced real-life onesie that were smashed around viciously until they looked cute, on a mesh by Theraven.  Let the baby win.

I raided the xkcd store for cute graphics.  Same Theraven base as the Artoo tee, just with white socks, no hat, and a black tee.  From left to right, you get Compiling (actually the back of a shirt where the front says "I'm not slacking off.  My code's compiling"), Raptor-Free Zone, and SCIENCE!  (Another shirt that also originally had text-- "Stand back, I'm going to try science!")  The text would've been too small to paste and too long for "legible" Simlish, so you just got the graphics, which work pretty well on their own anyway.

Baby Clothes Boilerplate: All outfits are unisex (for nerdy boys AND girls) and enabled for Everyday, PJs, and although I'm not sure it's useful, Gym.  They are not townie-enabled, so you'll need Chris Hatch's hack to get them on your nerdy babies.

But wait there's more!  Because you told me what hair meshes you liked, you get a mini hair dump all your own!  

Woman Inherits The Earth
Martini's Newsea Ladder to Heaven/Pooklet textures/Pooklet's actions
13,502 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Female
For some reason, this one just doesn't stop reminding me of Ellie Satler from the first Jurassic Park movie.  It was all I could think of while I was working on the Volatile recolor.
SWATCH | QUARTER | TURNAROUND

Semi-Formal
Mel 3t2 Bewitching Bun/Pooklet textures/Pooklet's actions
3,392 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Female
This is a very contemporary bun, with the way it's looped over instead of twisted.  It's very flattering, but I feel like I should note that the wispy bits on one side are further forward (or the solid hairline is further back) on the Sim's right.
SWATCH | TURNAROUND

Fair Trade
Martini's Jakea Eternity/Pooklet textures/Pooklet's actions
12,391 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Female
You know that scene in The Little Mermaid where Ariel has just gotten her legs and a dress made out of a sail and she's up on that rock staring at Eric while he stares at her, and she twists her hair around over one shoulder?  This hair looks like that.
SWATCH | TURNAROUND

High Priestess
Rented Space Plait Perfect/Pooklet and FantasyRogue textures/Pooklet's actions
4,226 Polys
Toddler-Elder
Female
I hardly have any Sims this hair really looks good on.  It's got a great feel to it-- very early neo-pagan, if that makes any sense, on the sort of woman who doesn't use hair product, keeps bees, and makes sure to do plenty of skyclad rituals in her backyard.  Fair warning, the wispy strand does clip into high cheekbones, especially during certain animations.
CLIPPING | SWATCH | TURNAROUND

Okay, that's all my pics and words and such, let's do policy and links!

First of all, no paysites, and if you recolor or retexture, give credit where it's due.  I have to give credit to, variously, Theraven for meshes and textures, TheWishingElephant on Etsy for ideas (and graphics), Randall Munro of xkcd for graphics, Martini, Newsea, Jakea, RentedSpace, and Mel for meshes, Pooklet for textures and color actions, Quaxi for SimPE, and Chris Hatch for figuring out this whole 'custom baby clothes' thing.  I did not rename anyone's meshes; you'll have to edit out special characters yourself.

Also, Theraven's policy (at least last I saw) says I have to link to their meshes.  You can find Onesibottom (for Chewbacca) here, and the tee-and-diaper (xkcd) and tee-diaper-hat (Artoo) meshes here.  You have to make an account, but if you're into cute custom baby clothes you probably already have one.

Swatches are included so you don't have to save any photos unless you want the baby combo pics.  Link is to Mediafire because I haven't had the spoons to switch to Sims File Share yet.  Feel free to share, it's half the fun!  Happy holidays, and thank you for multiple granted wishes.  I was absolutely thrilled to find out you were my santee.

The download file is 70mb.

"I laugh in the face of danger, and then I hide until it goes away."
Downloads -Tumblr - LJ -Etsy
Deatherella
"Lady Death"
Macabre Miscreant

You hear voices, I hear music.

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 12:57:06 AM »

Riekus13 was my Secret Santa and she gave me the most wonderful gift full of the kind of stuff I love. She said I could share so here they are so that you all can enjoy the lovelies, too.
Hi Deatherella,

I was your secret Santa this year and I've made you some recolors...

A bit steampunk and a bit apocalyptic.

Recolors of Jope's Dining7 and Living8.

A set of walls from Stranger Things

And 20 recolors of Kativip's Modern door.

I really hope you like it.

Meshes and collection files are included.

DOWNLOAD

And you may share it...

Happy Holidays!!!
 Jar

"It's hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head." S.King
Pikkon
Green Machine
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »

My santa was soo-bee-well and I got so many awesome things that I can't wait to get into game.

Hi Pikkon! I'm your secret santa!  ^_^ I couldn't do as many gifts (and proper in-game previews) as I'd like due to personal unforeseen circumstances and technical problems with my laptop, but I hope you like the ones I made.

Beginning with an item for your community lots - HeredonCove/wildchild111's 3t2 Magazine Stand, made functional (cloned from HugeLunatic's one-tiled Maxis magazine rack).

I wasn't sure about what you wanted as a replacement for career hairs so I decided to replace one which I knew I could find a similar one to it, but better -- such as the sea captain hair for females, replaced with Rented-Space "Search and Destroy Rescue" (I realized too late that I've been listening to too much Iggy Pop for my own good  Embarrassed ).

And finally, you mentioned you'd give an arm and a leg for a witch hair default. Again, I didn't know what you wanted it replaced with, so again I opted by something similar but improved, such as Pudding's conversion of the TSM wizard hat, recolored by YanderePlum.

I'm sorry the hairs aren't retextured in Pooklet v3's textures as you like -- I tried but my retextures didn't turn out good as I still have a lot to learn, so I decided to keep the original textures.

Wishing you a Happy New Year,

soo-bee-well

'Architecture is the art of how to waste space.'
[Downloads]  [Simblr] 
cafeheart
Kindergoth

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »

My Santa was Deatherella, and WOW did she deliver!!! I am absolutely blown away by my gift!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm your Secret Santa this time around and I'm a tad late since I had a few mishaps in real life of late after a super busy week before Christmas. I hope my gift to you was worth the wait.
I do not have previews of everything but I have made a gallery of bodyshop shots for you to see most of it HERE.

A couple group shots there that show some of the tops I recolored for you in Fruit Punch colors since you said you like to play berry colors in your game. Berries are fruit, that's my logic. I am sadly lacking in preview shots of all the tops I made, but here is a list of what you'll find in your gift:
1. Always Sims' Jessie Top.
2. XR's Icia Tied Up Top.
3. Trapping's Amaryll Fight Top.
4. DeeDee's 3t2 Pets Ruffles & Lace top.
5. Eltanin's Stop Cropping Me Top. (fixed mesh)
6. Mel's teen and elder versions of DeeDee's Easy Does It Top.
Previews in this album.

Next up, I have a bunch of dress recolors for you.

DeeDee's 3t2 Layered Dress for adult, elder and teen in Fruit Punch colors. The bodyshop prev's are in the gallery I linked earlier.

DeeDee's mesh of Trapping's Golden Filter with Lilith pumps for adult and teen. (Bodyshop prev's in gallery.)

DeeDee's 3t2 Sentate Kaylynn Dress for adult females.

Also included are:
1. Sanneke94's Sentate Peplum dress with Lilith pumps in Fruit Punch colors.
2. Trapping's Glamour Dress with Gelydh wedges.
3. DeeDee's 3t2 Boho Flapper for adult and teen females.
4. NightingaleSims' Kylie Jenner Inspired dress in EverSim's Ever So Lovely colors.
Previews in this album.

Fruit Punch recolors of Mel's M2F Freetime Leotard.

I did up Marja's 4t2 Alien Scales in Bunnynooboo Otherworld colors for you since you said you like her colors.

I, also did a few other genetic type items for you that show up on the models in my previews. Included are
Bunnynooboo Otherworld recolors of Lilith's Brows 1, 2 and 3
Recolors of Martini's 3t2 Kawaii Ilware Dreads in Bunnynooboo's old Otherworld colors. (Bodyshop prev's of the hairs are in the gallery. They look far better in-game than in bodyshop.)
And I included the skins you see on the models in the preview shots. I started making them for you with Bunnynooboo old Otherworld actions but most of them looked bad. The only ones from the actions are Cosmic and Maji Bomber. The rest of them I made using the base color from the other colors in her set. I used one ofLilith's MM skins for the base. They are nothing spectacular but they are pretty so I included them in case you would like to use them for your alien and fantasy sims. Keep what you like, pitch what you don't.

And for the final part of your gift, here are Fruit Punch recolors of Babbye Sims' sofa 3 and Veranka's IKEA inspired table, chair and barstool from her Advent Gift 2. The chair and barstool, along with Fruit Punch colors, have silver, gold and black recolors for the legs only.

Meshes are included, buy objects are compressed, swatches and previews are in the download. Share if you would like to.

DOWNLOAD YOUR GIFT HERE.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:35:01 PM by shastakiss » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: