Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1026 Next   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have a Quick Question?  (Read 1479153 times)
Ameranthe
Formerly known as Liegenschonheit
Queen of the Zombies
Macabre Miscreant

« on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:05 AM »

It was suggested that like S2C or PMBD's "Ask a Pirate" thread, we could probably do with a thread in which you can ask quick questions and get an answer. Questions relating to gameplay ("How in the world do I get them to do that?"), small broken things ("Why do certain things flash blue?"), or CC modding questions in general will be allowed.

Please do a quick search of the thread to ascertain whether your question has already been answered before posting one, please. If you know an answer, feel free to supply it. And please, do try to stay on topic. Note that requests and WCIF have their own sections, this is just a quick answer thread for gameplay issues.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:11:31 PM by Nymphy » Logged
diskOverdrive
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 07:38:11 AM »

thank goodness, I was needing something like this! What are Sim2tmp files, and when downloading lots ( with cleaninstaller ) should I use default installion, or make the files packages?
Ghen
Hey, HEY, Stop that! Can't you see I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Bless you and your wicked ways

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:55:36 AM »

Ooooh, another awesome idea! Er, how do I get the new dark green plumbob of occupied apt. lots that came with AL to show up in my custom hoods? (in the Neighbourhood view, I can't tell if certain lots are occupied without hovering over them)

Ghanima Atreides
Tinfoil Hat Magnate
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

That is not dead which can eternal lie

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »

The dark green apartment plumbbob is for unoccupied apartments. It turns bright green the moment sims move inside. Wink

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Pixeldolly@Tumblr
FleurduSang
Lurktastic
Macabre Miscreant

Hell hath no fury...

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 04:43:48 PM »

Question: Why can't I use the "Smooth Edges" option in the Graphics panel of the game?

"Whoever delights in the speculative life will find as [the answer to] one of his temperate wishes, that the approval of an enlightened and competent judge strongly encourages him to engage in efforts whose benefit is great, though remote and hence quite unrecognized by the eyes of ordinary people."--Immanuel Kant, The Critique of Pure Reason, trans. Werner S. Pluhar
Dr Jenfold
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Winter is Coming Bitches!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:27:30 PM »

Question: Why can't I use the "Smooth Edges" option in the Graphics panel of the game?

Because your computer's graphics card can't cope with it.

Everything is Wank!
yuichen
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 05:57:43 PM »

This might be a dumb question, but what are the chances of seriously borking my game if I continue unpacking a lot with clean installer after getting errors? Because I so want those apartments Sad
Algaliarept
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »

What are Sim2tmp files, and when downloading lots ( with cleaninstaller ) should I use default installion, or make the files packages?

I second this question, and add: Does it make a difference if I install the lots to "Downloads" rather than "Teleport"?
LeGrafique
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

My experience is, the lots don't show up if installed in downloads. Might be different from game to game.
JenW
Crazy-ass bitch
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Tomorrow...will it really come?

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »

I think LeGrafique is right. I believe the way I read it explained a while back was that they should go to the Teleport folder, then the next time you run your game they will be automagically sucked in from there. Sometimes they'll get stuck in there though, and I once read a little tut on fixing that, maybe it's on MTS2. I can't remember offhand. The tmp files IIRC are temporary files created when you install lots. If they are in your Download folder you might need to move them to the Teleport folder (again, be best to double check on MTS2 as I think there might be more info there). I had one in my Downloads folder randomly the other day but I just deleted it, I was too lazy to look it up Tongue

Would you put your arms around me? (I won't tell anybody)

Let me lead you astray...

Nature abhors a vacuum; cats abhor a closed door.
RewindedCharlotte
have just eaten a
Undead

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »

Anyone knows what happend to my game???I have not been downloading anything lately,and my game worked wonderful.then one day right out of the blue my game got fu*ked up.after a while the time stops.the seconds, everything,Im avible to choose what my sim should do my my sim wont move .its like its on a  pause.only when I click the play button nothing happends..its happend to all the sims I'v played with lately,and Im afraid it will happen to the rest if I enter their houses too.I tried to go out of the lot and enter again.but still the same thing,anyone got an idea?I really dont want to delete all my CC ...

Ghen
Hey, HEY, Stop that! Can't you see I'm a
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

Bless you and your wicked ways

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »

The dark green apartment plumbbob is for unoccupied apartments. It turns bright green the moment sims move inside. Wink
Forgive me for not being clear enough, I can't get the plumbbob(s) to show up at all Sad

Brittany
Gloom Cookie

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »

OHH I love this thread, I feel much more comfortable asking questions on here than on PMBD, and S2C just gets on my nerves. Love ya Liegen.
lillithlee
Grimly Fiendish
Macabre Miscreant

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »

I just checked MT2 for the info on getting lots to show up and I couldn't find anything relevant,  anyway, I built a house and it did not go into the game, the file stayed in the temp folder, I do have my old game and have the lot in the LotCatalog folder yet, could I just move the file from my old game to my new and current game without messing things up?  (I mean the file from the lotcatalog folder)
Juke-Joint Jezebel
KMFDM Whore
Gutter Punk

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:24 AM »

This is a great section! Thank you.

I'm fed-up of the 25-minute farging load times I get on my current comp and would like to purchase a shiny new laptop. I know Sims2 EP packaging etc. lists min. system requirements, but what have you all found to be primo operating conditions? Just looking for the basic recommendations: Processor, RAM, Graphics Card, nothing detailed or fancy for this 'quick questions' area. I offer you my thanks....and possibly doughnuts.

a.k.a. animefemme69
My BPS Downloads
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1026 Next   Go Up
Print

Jump to: